Integration of shed roofs....main house and garage

wjspencerDecember 18, 2012
Hi,

I am new here. I am in the beginning stages of building a small house on a small lot. I wish to use a shed roof design for a contemporary feel. I hope to have a shed roof garage and shed roof home hooked together with a breezeway and I am struggling trying to create an integrated look that I like. I have some basics done but am sorta stuck aesthetically. Anyone here have any related experience that could be shared?
houssaon
Have you searched the photo section on Houzz for shed roofs? You might find some inspiration.
    Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 11:19AM
Custom Home Planning Center
1st define what you mean by shed roof. For example a clear story roof shown below is the meeting of two sheds at different heights. In this case since a garage is normally smaller than the main house the scaled down heights in the garage would be easy to integrated with a semi-flat shed walk.
    Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 11:45AM
wjspencer
Hi, when I say "shed roof" I am referring to a roof like those posted above or like this one from Fabcab's website (see attached). I need to put together a garage and small home with this type of roof design and somehow connect them with a breezeway. So the garage would be a 24'x26' structure and the house would be a 45'x26' structure, a 3 / 12 pitch is my goal. These two structures would be connected at an off angle. (See attached 2nd image) The problem is that I don't want any flat roofed areas as it's a heavy snow area and I want the integration to look good architecturally. I am finding it difficult to integrate these roof in a manner that looks good. The front of the structures would have walls about 8' and the rear would face the view, be glassy and have about a 15' height. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 8:04AM
FabCab
Hi, just saw this. If you haven't figured out a solution yet,let us know, as we've designed garages to complement FabCabs for clients.
    Bookmark   August 3, 2013 at 10:59AM
jdtrussell
Do you have plans to publish any photos of the matching garages as built or any renderings that match your existing Timbercab designs? I am considering relocating to the the Puget Sound area and with this weather it seems a matching garage/larger shop would be essential. Love your work.
    Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 6:56PM
FabCab
Absolutely, we've applied the FabCab design considerations to garages and even guest houses for a consistent look. In October we'll have photos of a home with carport so you can see how that looks! If you mail info@fabcab.com, we'll send you snapshots of earlier projects.
    Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 3:22PM
POLL: Attached or Detached Garage - Which is better?
Do you prefer an attached or detached garage for your...
New House: Yikes! How can we update the Exterior?
We are moving into our new family home in a couple...
cptvoid
NEED HELP ON CHOOSING A PAINT SCHEME FOR MY HOUSE
I need some major help on deciding what color scheme...
shoes138
Would love some help updating boring exterior...
We are adding a suite to the main floor so will be...
sjosephson
Updating the exterior of a California Track House
I define the look of our house as a Halloween Pumpkin...
Janet R
what can we do with our front yard while being on a budget?
this home was built in 1943 and not much has changed...
traveler47
Not sure how to arrange furniture
Hello! We have a very large living room with a walkway...
kareyfoster
Buying a late 80's Colonial with ugly shutters, ideas?
So, the shutters are a greenish color that's very unappealing,...
Brian Horton
What would you put in your moat?
We know no one is likely to actually have a moat, but...