What are the steps in building a shower out of just tiles?
leonebeskiy
Im renovating my bathroom and im trying to replace my shower stall. I want to use just tiles. What is the best way to build the stall out of tiles?
Artful Design Interiors
I think you are asking for problems. Your average tile project is fine for DIYers, but constructing a leak proof shower pan is not for amateurs. Save yourself a lot of grief and research then hire a tile installer with lots of experience with this particular assignment.
December 19, 2012 at 3:04PM     
Heartwood Distributors
I agee totally with Artful. Even experienced installers can get in trouble with this. It is a complex installation.
December 20, 2012 at 12:21PM     
rtrulove
DH redid our old master bath in natural stone (the floors, shower floor and surround and around our tub). Granted he has done tile work many times before. But he honestly got the most advice from going into a place like the Tile Shop (is there one around you?) They told him everything he needed to know, step by step instructions and included a dvd for reference. But like I said, he was already experienced with tile work, just not doing it on a shower floor.
December 20, 2012 at 12:36PM   
Aesthetic Tile Imaging
Have you selected your tiles yet? Have a look at my Houzz page to see if you might like to incorporate custom art tile.

]
December 21, 2012 at 7:43AM   
Jill J. Wallace, Color Redesign
I just renovated my shower, and strongly recommend using a professional so the pan is built correctly. 2x2 tiles vs. larger in the pan section help with draining. I used 18x18 on my walls and 12x12 on the floor to help minimize issues with the grout/floor. Here are some pictures on my Houzz page
.
December 21, 2012 at 7:55AM   
What color walls for living room? Leave or update?
The walls were done before I updated the upholstery...
Urgent, help with countertop decision!
Long story short. I was only told yesterday that the...
Front entry
Should this door have side light windows and a transom...
Please help me with this space.
I don't want to cover the window and the rad needs...