what are the two countertops?
suehertzberg
December 19, 2012 in Photo Questions
judymorland
I'd like to know as well
December 20, 2012 at 9:43PM     
Denise Storm
I would love to know as well
December 23, 2012 at 6:57PM     
eferd
So would I
December 27, 2012 at 11:47AM     
Esther Law
Ditto
December 28, 2012 at 6:20PM     
susanrobertson
Looks like soapstone on either side of the stove and possibly calcatta marble on the island.
January 1, 2013 at 2:51PM   
subeeskitchen
Hi - The perimeter counters are pietra cardosa, and the island is Calcutta gold marble. Both are honed.
January 1, 2013 at 6:20PM     
sousoured
Hello, I'm in the midst of shopping around for materials for my new home which totally needs to be renovated and all the stores I go to and professionals I speak with recommend I go with granite for kitchen counter as opposed to marble. They say it is way too porous and stains, etc. All the pictures I look at and like are marble counter tops unfortunately -please help and let me know what your advice is on that.
January 18, 2013 at 9:22PM   
subeeskitchen
My (biased) advice is to go with what you love! A product called ClearStone can be applied to marble or any stone for a worry-free finish. (ClearstoneUSA.com) I haven't done it, but it's an option that people should know about. We just had the stone sealed upon installation and don't let red wine or red sauce spills sit on the counter overnight. Have not had any problem with staining, even without the heavy-duty ClearStone sealing.
January 21, 2013 at 4:04PM     
jfuller77
I'm finding the same problem. My builder, counter guy, counter supplier and even my cabinet guy are saying don't do marble. However, every photo and every stone yard I visit I am drawn immediately to it. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it against everyone's advice. Hopefully I will be the one saying I told you so and not the other way around. Has anyone seen any pics of a stained and scratched marble counter that has seen regular use?
January 21, 2013 at 6:15PM   
subeeskitchen
I'm not sure if all Williams-Sonoma stores have the same design, but the one in Short Hills, NJ has calcutta gold counters at the checkout island and demo area. It has an old-world patina from heavy use, but I think it looks great.
January 21, 2013 at 6:48PM   
subeeskitchen
Also, this kitchen (my kitchen) gets HEAVY USE, and still no stains after 3 years. Just some etching from lemon juice & vinegar.
January 21, 2013 at 6:50PM   
msdivinedc
I am in the process of a kitchen remodel and looked at Cambria yesterday. I had my heart set on granite but after speaking to my cabinet rep I decided that Cambria is much more user friendly then granite. I understand there is one price for Cambria and sometimes it can be more expensive than granite is that true? And if so, what is a decent price to pay per square foot for such material? have you used Cambria in a kitchen yet? Thanks in advance for your response.
January 22, 2013 at 9:42AM   
subeeskitchen
Sorry - no experience with Cambria.
January 22, 2013 at 9:59AM   
funya
I love this kitchen! Subeeskitchen did wonderful job - and thanks for being so patient and generously giving wonderful resources with all the quesion! I am in the same place.. I am about to order marble for my 4x8 island top, after everyone tried to stop me. I don't have a picture, but there is an ice cream parlor about 100 years history in my area, and they use many different color marbles everywhere (counter, wall, floor, tables etc).
They are original, and still look so beautiful! They have cute round marble tables for customer to eat on (looks like carrara), with metal chairs around. The edges are chipped - like big flea bites? and the edge doesn't look any attractive. But with 100 years of history with customer/children, and everyday's putting chairs on top for cleaning?, it's amazingly well held. I even asked a girl working there, if there is any special instruction to treat marbles. She said, "nothing! aren't they beautiful!?". Also I don't notice any stains (if I look carefully, I see them though). And oh, even this chipped round tables look so beautiful and the feeling/looks of marble always makes me comfortable and happy. I am so excited just imagining spending most of the time in my kitchen with marble!
January 25, 2013 at 8:35AM   
subeeskitchen
You will love it!
January 25, 2013 at 11:49AM   
msdivinedc
I've decided to go with Cambria because it is much more user friendly and now I'm down to two choices Linwood or Berkeley. As I noted above I'm going with a travertine backsplash and off-white cabinets. I really like both choices although Berkeley seems a little more "blingie" than the Linwood. Anyway suggestions. The Berkeley has more contrast in it than the Linwood but does have specks of gold in it.

And just as an FYI for those struggling with countertop selection as I am right now, make sure you bring home a good size sample along with the backsplash to see what it looks like in your kitchen. It does make a difference from what it looks like in the showroom with the flouresant lights.
January 25, 2013 at 3:00PM   
Bev Malone
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Quartz countertops?
October 19, 2013 at 4:30AM     
Michelle Cardamon Becker
what color are the wallsWrite a comment
March 18, 2014 at 3:04PM   
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
What to do with these kitchen cabinets!?
First off, they're laminate. It's not ideal but I have...
Wall colour to compliment tile?
We have chosen these beautiful Moroccan cement tiles...
Remodeling resale
which is worse for resale removing bedroom for living...
Headboard in front of window.
Looking for a way to build or buy and mount a low...