Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dupss

Suggestions for wall colour please

Dupe F
9 years ago
Hihi! I want to paint the walls in this space and I'm at a loss as to what colour would work with the furniture, rug and curtains. Looking for something to bring it all together. Help please!!!

Comments (11)

• User
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I don't think your area rug works with the existing furniture and curtains. It looks green to me and you don't have any green in the rest of the room. If you find an area rug to tie in the beige sofas and brown leather chairs, you can pick a wall color from that. Would find an area rug that works first.

Try pulling all the furniture to the center of the room-have it floating-you have a very large space with all the furniture pushed up against the walls.

Some pictures that might help...Balance beige by sherwin williams would look pretty with your couches, chairs, and curtains. It's the paint color on walls in the 4th picture posted. Good luck!
    Dupe F thanked User
  • Dupe F
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks Karen. Liking the colour suggestions particularly the 2nd and 4th picture. There's some green to the moment in the picture on the wall. Attached here. I'm also thinking of removing the Orange pillows and leaving just the brown one and this multicolored one that has some green. Also adding the picture. What do you think?
  • User
    9 years ago
    Yes, if you decide to keep the green rug, I would find more pillows with the same green to help tie the colors together. Still consider pulling your furniture together away from the walls and post some pictures. Your furniture is too far apart. I would bring a cushion from your couch when looking at paint colors-look for either a shade slightly darker or slightly lighter that the sofa.
    Dupe F thanked User
  • apple_pie_order
    9 years ago
    If this photo in your ideabooks is the kind of tone on tone color scheme you are looking for, Karen's comments above are perfect.
    Transformed Living Rooms · More Info

You would find the look much improved if you used a different color green for the rug and replaced the brown curtains with off white. Keep striped pillow and add punches of its colors in other pillows.
    Dupe F thanked apple_pie_order
  • tcox338
    9 years ago
    I agree that the rug is throwing things off and you could do a beautiful neutral pallet with a different rug. if it has to stay, here's a room with the same color rug. not sure it would work as well with your cooler sofas though.
    Basement Renovation - Bedroom, Playroom, Bathroom, Laundry, Family Room, Office · More Info
    Dupe F thanked tcox338
  • tcox338
    9 years ago
    hmmm...this room is nice.
    Noe Valley Two · More Info
  • tcox338
    9 years ago
    try pulling your furniture in and adding a coffee table or ottoman to cover some of the rug. right now it looks a bit like a putting green.
  • Dupe F
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks Karen, Apple pie and Tcox. I definitely agree with the putting green. I though it was a good idea at first but now not so much after I've picked out the other pieces :) Apple pie I do like that picture from my idea book.

I'm going to pull in the furniture, look for a new rug and then get additional throw pillows and then tackle the wall. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks Tcox for encouraging this novice!
  • apple_pie_order
    9 years ago
    Here are some rug ideas that continue a tone on tone color scheme:
    Surya Shibui SH-7408 Gray Beige 9' x 13' Rug · More Info
    Handmade Beige/Green Oriental Oushak Rug 5' 7" x 8' (ft) · More Info
    Nourison Rhapsody RH003 8'6" x 11'6" Beige Blue Area Rug 18716 · More Info
    Dupe F thanked apple_pie_order
  • apple_pie_order
    9 years ago
    Do you have CFL bulbs in a ceiling fixture? If so, try "warm white" LED bulbs with 2700 degree color temperature. Yes, they are annoyingly expensive, but much better light quality than CFLs. The room will look much better without fluorescent bulbs affecting the color perception.