Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fredsmommy

Rug ideas to go with my light gray sofa and blue curtains?

fredsmommy
9 years ago
My earlier post outlined the problems I had when I went for this floor model sofa and wasn't crazy about the color. I have a Persian red/blue rug and used that for a while and tried to bring in reds and blues, settling on royal blue curtains. THEN I found moths. They ATE a giant swath of oriental rug I had folded in my closet. I threw that rug out (a 4x6 I hadn't been using) and dry cleaned every wool piece of clothing I have and also sent my rugs out to be cleaned. I am still terrified to have anything wool in existence since I still see the occasional moth. I never got pesticides because of my cats. So my rugs are now currently cleaned and wrapped in plastic and I don't think I'll use them again until I move into an actual house (whever that is.)

So now I'm looking into non-wool rugs and am stuck on the color. Not sure what to get. The first picture below is my room with the original-now-in-plastic rug and then now with a sissel (non wool) beige rug that looks bad, and then with 2 rugs I bought some rugs from TJ Max to test them out (all were too small, I realized). And in next post, I took photos of some others at TJ Max that could work. I like the burnt orange rug but unfortunately it has wool in it. Anyway, all ideas welcome--light grey sofa and royal blue curtains and I can get new pillows as needed. I cannot paint the walls as this is a NYC apt that I rent.