Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swishjen000

Heart Collage

Jenna
9 years ago
Do you think this would be cool to make? I want to make this for my room.

Comments (22)

• wickedxx
    9 years ago
    If you're a teenager it would be
  • Deb Hopper
    9 years ago
    It's very cute but I think in order for it to look that awesome you would need to have perfectly straight lines in between pics and no crooked pics. And at my house that's hard to keep it that way. But if it wouldn't bother you if some of the lines weren't perfectly straight (the picture shows them very straight and perfectly spaced) then go for it. You could always just give it try with scotch tape and if you don't like it just take it down.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 years ago
    If this is in a bedroom go for it.
  • hillyfield
    9 years ago
    i 've seen it created by a teenager and it is brilliant!!! very clever cut photos. makes the room and the stories within are fantastic
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    If your a teenager and you have it above your desk it would look cool!
  • PRO
    Pixers
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    @nzcookie, we agree! We think this is a great DIY project, we also love hearts on walls - check out our wall decals! :)
  • butler8438
    9 years ago
    Minted.com does a beautiful heart photo collage with gold/silver/rose gold foil leafing. I did one for my daughter, it turned out gorgeous...you can choose size and frame style too!
  • boons13
    9 years ago
    It would look great in your bedroom. I need help on a formation of 7 framed pictures of my seven children.. I like to place this collage on a wall facing the foyer. Thank you to all .
  • deeners1
    9 years ago
    I love it and think it would be fine anywhere, any room, and I don't think it has to be limited to a teenager. I am an artist and I think outside the box.
  • diyer59
    9 years ago
    It's a nice idea for a teens room, as others have stated.
  • PRO
    Decorative Philosophy
    9 years ago
    Why don't you cut the photos and collage them on a heart shape, have it printed as a poster and framed.
    Much cleaner and long lasting. Way more sleek too and not a dust collector!
    A heart shaped piece of cork board would be fun too!
    Peace
    Karen & Joseph
    for Decorative Philosophy
  • organizedsarah
    9 years ago
    I'd do more pics and make them more collage-like instead of leaving that much space between each picture. If you do it on cork board, you could change them around, remove old ones and add new ones, etc. without damaging your wall. If you use a square or rectangle cork board and don't have a way to cut it into a heart shape, I suggest painting a heart in the center of the square/rectangle cork board and putting the pics into the painted heart. The idea is cute, but I don't like all the space between the pics just showing the white wall behind. Painting a heart first would give it more pop in my opinion. Do post a pic when you're finished...I'd love to see it!
  • organizedsarah
    9 years ago
    This is what I had in mind when I suggested the pics closer together and more collage-like. It's from minted.com
  • druesig
    9 years ago
    IF all the photos were of the same color tones OR if the photos were all copied in sepia tones and spaced closer together, I don't see why not... The cork board sounds like a good idea too!!
  • tinkermama
    9 years ago
    This reminds me of my daughter's room. She's almost 13 and has made a heart from pictures of her and her friends, and spelled LOVE out of smaller pics. She also loves to write her favorite book, movie, or music quotes on colorful paint chips :)
  • pmhd2
    9 years ago
    Not wanting the stickiness of tape or glue for future painting, we shaped corkboard and used thin nails to tack it up....worked great for her photos and was an easy wall redo when she wanted to change.
  • PRO
    Love Under Home Construction, LLC
    9 years ago
    I am a BIG fan of physical pictures being displayed in homes. In the day of digital everything, a photo you can actually touch is special. Love the idea and could be done in many ways such as what posted or in a big frame.
  • Karen Tabaka
    9 years ago
    I say do what you love! Hearts do not belong to teenagers. I like the geometric spacing of the first one. You could use painters tape to keep them even as you hang. Good luck! xo, Kt
  • whynotdecorate
    9 years ago
    You could also go to home depot and buy a 4 by 8 ft. sheet of 1/2 inch polystyrene foam insulation. remove the backing and cut out a giant heart with a hot wire foam cutter, electric knife or jig saw. You could paint it the same color of the wall if you just wanted to add a dimensional factor or you could paint it in a contrasting color. I like the idea above of really plastering it with lots of pictures and leaving very little space. You could pin them or glue them...Have fun! Show us your result. (great valentine day surprise)
  • A Boham
    9 years ago
    It's funny people keep saying for a teen and in your room. We did this with all our family pictures in our living room and love it. Maybe it's a little more formal with frames. Also I wouldn't do straight lines or all the same size pictures. I like the variety.
    I measured the pictures we had and put them into a design program as little boxes I could move around. Then I had a template when I hung them on the wall. It's a work in progress as I finally got it done and most of the pictures are outdated. Also found some smaller frames to fill in the corners. To make the outside line more complete.
    Bottom line do as another said and let your heat sing. Cover your space with pictures that inspire you. In your room or wherever and at any age!
  • 1printshop
    9 years ago

Why only teens? I see this as a great way for grandma to display those grandkids who warm her heart!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm