Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amorsi2012

What do you think of the setup of my dinning room along with the chand

Ahmed Morsi
9 years ago
I hope I can assist anyone interested in interior home Furnitur setup , I'm an architect as well , waiting for your feedback

Comments (23)

• PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Dining room looks spectacular. Is that grass cloth wall paper?
  • waasp
    9 years ago
    I concur - it does look spectacular! Where did you find the chandelier? Very glamorous!
  • User
    9 years ago
    Love everything but the slipcovers and the shelf with Micky.
  • beachlily
    9 years ago
    Chandelier is gorgeous ! The shelf needs to go. It takes away from elegance of dining room.
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thnx for your comments , about thing in behind it is not a wallpaper ,it is called screen stand " this is how it was described
    and it's made of natural wicker
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    The chandelier is from the Far East and it's about 800 USD
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    The shelf and Disney stuff , it's not meant to be placed next to the dinning table , it's temporary in this place until reorganizing the place
  • lefty47
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    HI -- Beautiful -- I love this because it is not the usual way most people do their dining rooms ! ..... What's for supper ,huh ?
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Patricia Colwell Thank you for your feedback it seems so professional even though it was a bit picky and for sure this setup was only to see how it looks like , finally the photo wall doesn't look appropriate from this angel and it misses one frame as well !! I like to hear more contradictions points and this is how i improve myself
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 years ago
    Sorry if I came off too picky I must admit I am though. I made my living for 25 yrs. as a a designer mostly doing renovations but at the end of each job the decor part came along and I realized I am picky about the whole job not just the reno so I apologize if I offened you.
  • apple_pie_order
    9 years ago
    Love the chandelier. The room is unusual.

What kind of advice are you looking for?
  • Rhonda Beckman
    9 years ago
    I like it think I will move my chandler over the table too !
  • justinalexx
    9 years ago
    I think it looks great! One thing you could do is add a banquet bench in front of the screen. That way there would be more breathing space in the rest of the room. (It would also add a little old Hollywood glamour) another I would do is make sure the table and screen are centered with the chandelier. It might be the angle of picture. I did see something that could be blocking the screen from going any further right. Is it possible to move it?
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    Underneath the slip-covered chairs I see what I'm assuming are the table legs? They look really large and in an awkward spot for diners sitting in those chairs. Is there any way you could change the legs on the table to something smaller and more vertical. Looks like a hazard.

What country are you in? Love the screen and mix of elements you've chosen.
  • Limah Marie
    9 years ago
    I think everything about this room is perfect! Everything that doesn't seem like it belongs there to other people , I think it looks perfect! It all pulls together, different, but great! The only thing is, I would have a hard time sitting up against the wall, it doesn't seem like there's much space here. But seriously everything pulls together perfectly, it's not your normal brown and black furniture. It gives me the vintage feel!
  • Geneviève
    9 years ago
    It looks wonderful ,perhaps you could add another shelf to the right to give balance to that wall, other then that all that is missing is the food and people .
  • psmljj
    9 years ago
    I actually think it looks nice. I say this because I am typically more fond of the modern streamlined look. I find dining rooms the most difficult room in the house to decorate. I despise mine. If you didn't have the red from the place settings the room might lack personality. So what are some suggestions for the people who posted a dislike for tables being set all the time?
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Rhonda Beckman , I think it always looks very posh when you fix a matching low hight centered chandelier above the dinning table with some candles
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi Justinalexx the banquet idea is very cool and it will suit the floor screen as well with giving more breathing but I've already a very limited space and I always move the table a bit further from the wall when I've invitees :) and you are right it's not totally centered as the chandelier was fixed in the first place wrong but I'm planing to centralize it soon , that first shoot I've taken was only to try and see the impression
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Leelee I'm living in Dubai and table legs are a bit big but with no hazard I'm always moving the chairs while diner
  • Ahmed Morsi
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Psmijj I'm not against anyone who puts dislike as everyone if totally free to put his own comment whether it's supporting or demotivating however my simple advice to make any room looks good not only the dinning room are : - indirect lighting such as lamps and suitable wallpaper or natural stones on some of the walls , and for dinning room you can add a low height chandelier with some candles and no need at all to keep the table setup on all the time , I was only have it on for taking the photo
  • PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design
    6 years ago

I like everything but the dining chair fabric