Need help with toddler room

yulileoDecember 22, 2012
I recently changed few details from my princess nursery to make it a little bit toddler. I'm not sure if with what I have done so far it looks like a toddler's room.
EB Interiors
Firstly, the room can really use an area rug to soften things up and make it more cozy. Im also not loving the wall color with the flooring, pink curtains and bedding...cherry wood furniture looks great off pale green, light blue and lavendar. The mirror above the dresser/changing table seems a bit sophisticated for a toddler room, maybe something more clean line..
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 5:06PM
houssaon
What a cute princess room.
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 6:37PM
tawanda6329
Try a mirror arrangement like the following picture.
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:10PM
Metro Interiors
Too much! The cherry wood furniture is way to heavy for a primcess room. Choose a themed color room. I personally like orange beige with an old rustic look.
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 7:33PM
myrielle
it looks great no lie
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 8:12PM
lynettefrancois
Great start! The cool gray floor color is what you are fighting. Either cover all or most of it up with a pale green carpet (the same as in the bedding), or try a large piece of sheet linoleum turned upside down and painted that lovely green. You can get a remnant of either pretty cheaply if you look around. OR, you could paint the walls the pale pink and do a smaller area rug with the green. The cool pink is ok with the current warm wall color, but not ideal. You need to change the wall or the floor color to pull this room together! I would also add two more panels to the window treatments to make it more luxurious for the little princess. :) Edit out some of your tabletop display so that the picture frame colors go with the bedding (less is more in this case!). Maybe make a new wall grouping with all the photos together, including all the pictures currently on the wall. The center of it should be about eye level. Maybe even her eye level! Remember to keep your collections together, just like you've done with the toys. :) Paint the mirror frame silver or something not-so-dark, but keep it where it is- you've done a nice job balancing it with the lamp on that vignette, as well as your wall decals on the princess bed wall. She is going to love her new big-girl room! Good luck!
    Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 9:12PM
Need help with toddler Room
Hi everyone, I want to give my son a fun and playful,...
heba29
Help! Boy Toddler room.
I would like to create room for my active boy (3 years...
yulia27
NEED HELP TODDLER GIRL ROOM
Hi, I need help finishing my daughter's room. We moved...
dianare04
Help with toddler room
Hello! My first time posting here and I love this site...
zyas
Need ideas for boy & girl twisn toddler bedroom
Need ideas for boy & girl twisn toddler bedroom...
snbates
Family Room Help!!
I need some advice for my family room. I've recently...
Christa Shores
need help with my bedroom layout
I have a bedroom that used to be part of my attic,...
mldeck37
Farmhouse/Primitive kitchen
I realize these aren't really the same styles but I...
Josie Ramsey
Quality wool rugs in minneapolis area
Where are people finding quality wool rugs in the Minneapolis...
montanaskies
Window seat help needed!
We have a window seat (below) in our dining room. ...
cgrimes75