Help with mantle design
Eden Houghtaling
December 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are redoing our fireplace and mantle and are looking for ideas on what to put our electronics in. Thought about trying to put built ins under the windows. Any ideas? Btw, all the furniture is going but the tv stays! :)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I have put them in closets in a room or hallway that is closest to the TV. You then use a control that is able to go through walls. My AV guy takes care of these things for me. We then run the wires through the ceiling or walls whichever is easiest. My electrician does this for me. The whole thing comes together well but the cost does add up a bit.
December 23, 2012 at 8:02am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Simple Elements Design
I would remove the fireplace insert, add crown molding to the room, find an old beam from a salvage yard, if you like a rustic look, otherwise use casings and moldings to "beef" up the face of mantle. Changing the brick is a bit of work, you will need a pry bar to safely remove the brick then you can replace it with new stone, etc. Remember to use the proper adhesive "for high temp".
The tiled area of the face of the mantle, can be a great way to add your own style, new tile mosaic, stone, river rock, sea glass, etc.
Hope this helps.
December 23, 2012 at 8:31am   
More Discussions
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Agonizing over what type of coffee table to get
This is my new chesterfield sofa (from Bassett Furniture)....
Study Update Suggestions
Hi. I am going through my home room by room and updating...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™