Square or turned balusters?

nelsons2012December 23, 2012
Building a new home, so no photos that I can post. Fairly traditional moldings, etc, white shaker cabinets in kitchen. Trying to decide on whether simple square balusters or the more standard turned ones? Thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Susan Mladenovich
I like the square but there is a whole category in houzz just for stairs so I suggest you just flip through and add what you like to a separate idea book. Don't think too much just click on ones that you like right away. Then go back and see if there is a trend.
    Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 1:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I am also voting for square baluster that compliments the clean lines of the shaker style.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 5:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I am building a house too, I did square balusters for both stairs and porch. I like the clean look and easier to clean, the turned are "dust catchers".
1 Like    Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 6:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheaper and easier to paint the square balusters
    Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 7:20AM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
NJ shore Deck balusters alum vs vinyl
Need opinions please on choice of deck railings for...
Traditional/Transitional 2 STORY FOYER with turned...
Need help finding matching metal baluster shoes
I have a picture of a baluster shoe I am trying to...
More Discussions
38" countertops
We are building our first home and my wife and I are...
Benjamin Still
Bedroom wall color?
I have a white modern bedroom set and I bought this...
Backsplash or counter which should I choose first?
I am remodeling my kitchen. I have selected ikea's...
Has anyone installed LG Viatera Rococo?
I am thinking about using LG Viatera Rococo in my kitchen,...
Robin Vilter
Dark and lonely living room
I need help adding some color to my living room!
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™