How to adjust media accessories when mounting TV on fireplace!
fareedmk
Just bought a home and looking to furnish the living room. I have attached the proposed plan and pics of my living room. Have few questions and would appreciate kind feedback or suggestions:

1.I am planning to mount TV on the fireplace, however not sure on where to adjust the media accessories e.g. set top box, Xbox console, dvd player etc. I love the idea of mounting the TV above the fireplace but not sure how to adjust all the ancillary stuff.

2.Any ideas on color choices and decoration.
If you have 36" on either side of the fireplace, two of these media cabinets could work. In one you could put all the components, and in the other you could put games and movies:
]
December 25, 2012 at 2:14am   
fareedmk
Thanks olldbobbi - I was thinking bout 'tall media cabinet' too but the challenge is finding the right size I do have about 40inchies of space between the fireplace and window, with the required height of 53inches. However I have looking around and was not able to find any which could fit.

Attaching room measurements too. Happy holidays!
December 25, 2012 at 12:09pm     
ATGStores.com
Hi, Fareed! We think the "over-the-fireplace" mount is always tricky due to components, but more so because of the wiring. The ultimate clean look only comes with taking the wires into the wall, but to solve your storage problem you may also want to consider a wall mount (http://www.atgstores.com/tv-mounts_1079.html?option0=optionA=189915|12031~Valu&page=1) with built-in storage. You'll still have to make decisions about the power cords, but at least the component cords will be better managed. We hope this suggestion helps give you some ideas, and we wish you luck!
December 26, 2012 at 11:28am   
ghft
My garden
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Back splash and wall colors
What backsplash can you use with crema pearl counter...
Building a sunroom looking for ideas to design interior space
Going to add window 4 season to all openings exterior...