need help with bathtub size
1bluejean
I currently have a standard five foot bathtub that is shallow. I want to replace with a deeper soaking tub. My hot water heater is only 32 gallons but is oil fired so the refresh rate is quick. Are there tubs that are a bit shorter but deeper or do I need to replace my hot water heater which will cost $$$.
Interiors International, Inc.
Yes there are tubs that are deeper and shorter. Why would you want to go shorter though? I put in a spa tub and added an optional in-line heater. The water stays at a constant temp and I can soak for hours. I do have a TV to watch to help pass the time.
December 25, 2012 at 10:35AM   
1bluejean
Thank you. I am looking for depth. Since my water heater is only 32 gallons then I thought I would need to decrease length to get depth. ?
December 25, 2012 at 10:56AM   
Interiors International, Inc.
No, you can have both. If you want you could put in a 1 room on-demand water heater. These are easy to install are small and not expensive. You will the have unlimited hot water in that room.
December 25, 2012 at 11:12AM   
1bluejean
Thank you. That is an option but since we use heating oil there are not a lot of on demand hot water heaters on the market.
December 25, 2012 at 11:20AM   
A Kitchen That Works LLC
The Kohler Archer or Mariposa both come in a 5' model with more depth than a standard tub. Both models come with or without jets and with or without skirts. Gallons to over flow are 58 and 63, respectively.
One thing to take into consideration when selecting a replacement tub is can you get the tub into the requisite room. Acrylic tubs, like those mentioned above are much easier to get up a flight of stairs and into a standard sized bathroom than many other tubs.
December 25, 2012 at 12:18PM   
Interiors International, Inc.
The on demand water heaters are electric. So heating oil would not matter. This unit will fit under the sink.
December 25, 2012 at 12:22PM   
1bluejean
Thank for these great suggestions. Is there a specific on demand electric water heater that you recommend?
December 25, 2012 at 12:57PM   
Interiors International, Inc.
What country are you doing this project. If I know that I will come up with a good option for you.
December 25, 2012 at 3:18PM   
1bluejean
USA.
December 25, 2012 at 3:34PM   
Interiors International, Inc.
www.Rinnai.us/Water-Heater www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.comHomeDepot.com/RheemWaterHeaters
December 25, 2012 at 4:54PM   
1bluejean
Thank you
December 25, 2012 at 5:30PM   
kitasei
Google Japanese bath on Houzz and you will pull up a number of options, from acrylic to copper. I am opting to go with a small, deep Kalista or Kohler myself. I don't want length - even 5 '. I want to be submerged up to my neck, which means sitting, not stretching out. The specs for the different tubs give you the depth of the water and the number of gallons. I considered both of these in making my selection. Most of the soaking tubs in the U.S. are really more like hot tubs, which is not what I wanted.
December 25, 2012 at 5:45PM   
Need help choosing a good bathtub/shower
I am converting a tiny bedroom into a bathroom. I want...
Need help with bathtub fittings
Single handle control is mounted on wall w/ faucet...
Need Help With Bathtub Enclosure with Window
The house is built in early1940's. The bathroom currently...
Need Help - Bathtub versus Shower
Doing a bathroom remodel in our 1927 home - 4 bedrooms...
Need help styling shelves above my bathtub
I just bought my house and am putting the finishing...
Is it possible to have a comfortably warm basement?
The past two homes I've lived in, the basement was...
Kitchen with connected living room
We're currently in the process of remodeling our kitchen,...
What to do with this nook?
Our kitchen and family room was designed by an architect...
Help with interior trim
I have a 1970's ranch style home full of a early american...
Driving me crazy deciding on a countertop. Help me, please!
We can't decide on which color granite to put in our...