earhama
I ned to select a paint color for the walls, ceiling (probably the same on both right?), attached bath for this 13 x 22 sapce. HELP!! There is only one dormer window for natural light. room size 13 x 22. This upstairs master is being transformed into a library/office/game room The wallpaper and popcorn finish on the ceiling has been removed. Now I need to select a color. The tall wall will have a custom 8′ tall bookcases, flat screen tv, cabinets and desk/work area in a painted cream color. I am leaning toward BM Lenox tan as the room color and BM OC-1 Elephant Tusk as the trim for the bookcases with Restoration Hardware The Right White for the baseboards. I have a Neutral Beige sofa and will select a neutral beigh carpet. Will this be too blah? Should I go with a milder beige gold paint color than BM Lenox Tan? Please advise on color alternatives and the correct cream color to paint the library/shelving. I will pair it with a golden neutral that would not make the room too dark. I was going to paint the walls and ceiling the same color. Thanks in advance, Melissa in New Orleans
Karen Chanan of Normandy Remodeling
lenox tan sounds like a good start, and elephant tusk is a pretty color, i have used it myself before. you may want to consider going a touch darker for the cabinetry, maybe oc-11, clay beige. my suggestion would be to put a sample up on the wall and on a piece of wood for the cabinetry and live with it for a day or two, to see how it looks at various times of day, in different lighting, etc. as far as you ceilings, i would paint them a lighter shade of your wall color. use a ratio of approximately 80% white/20% color.
0 Likes   March 4, 2011 at 5:52PM
Decorate a blank wall above kitchen sink
I have dark wood cherry cabinets and neutral cream...
need help for my kitchen
Hi-I am renovating with dark cherry cabinets, grey...
Cork floor in dry climate
Want to put floating cork floor in bedroom in Arizona...should...
Arranging books by colour?
Who does it? I can't imagine my books organized randomly...
Need paint color help
I have purchased an apartment in Greenwich Village...