earhamaMarch 4, 2011
I ned to select a paint color for the walls, ceiling (probably the same on both right?), attached bath for this 13 x 22 sapce. HELP!! There is only one dormer window for natural light. room size 13 x 22. This upstairs master is being transformed into a library/office/game room The wallpaper and popcorn finish on the ceiling has been removed. Now I need to select a color. The tall wall will have a custom 8′ tall bookcases, flat screen tv, cabinets and desk/work area in a painted cream color. I am leaning toward BM Lenox tan as the room color and BM OC-1 Elephant Tusk as the trim for the bookcases with Restoration Hardware The Right White for the baseboards. I have a Neutral Beige sofa and will select a neutral beigh carpet. Will this be too blah? Should I go with a milder beige gold paint color than BM Lenox Tan? Please advise on color alternatives and the correct cream color to paint the library/shelving. I will pair it with a golden neutral that would not make the room too dark. I was going to paint the walls and ceiling the same color. Thanks in advance, Melissa in New Orleans
Karen Chanan of Normandy Remodeling
lenox tan sounds like a good start, and elephant tusk is a pretty color, i have used it myself before. you may want to consider going a touch darker for the cabinetry, maybe oc-11, clay beige. my suggestion would be to put a sample up on the wall and on a piece of wood for the cabinetry and live with it for a day or two, to see how it looks at various times of day, in different lighting, etc. as far as you ceilings, i would paint them a lighter shade of your wall color. use a ratio of approximately 80% white/20% color.
    Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 5:52PM
What are the dimensions of the base?
We are looking for a towel rack for the bathroom in...
janet3973
Kitchens BY Tomer
Tomer & Co Cabinetry
Please coule you afford me some information about the...
dadoussa
Decking material
We plan on building a deck and would like an opinion...
flopsycat1
HELP! Need to update architecture exterior
Starting with one of the suggestions from "Pro...
Sabrina Pritchett
modern wall decal at walldecalmall.com
before you bust out the modern wall decal kit, it's...
yami
New paint color?
My foyer, living room, and kitchen/dining are all open...
meganbuch