earhama
March 4, 2011 in Design Dilemma
I ned to select a paint color for the walls, ceiling (probably the same on both right?), attached bath for this 13 x 22 sapce. HELP!! There is only one dormer window for natural light. room size 13 x 22. This upstairs master is being transformed into a library/office/game room The wallpaper and popcorn finish on the ceiling has been removed. Now I need to select a color. The tall wall will have a custom 8′ tall bookcases, flat screen tv, cabinets and desk/work area in a painted cream color. I am leaning toward BM Lenox tan as the room color and BM OC-1 Elephant Tusk as the trim for the bookcases with Restoration Hardware The Right White for the baseboards. I have a Neutral Beige sofa and will select a neutral beigh carpet. Will this be too blah? Should I go with a milder beige gold paint color than BM Lenox Tan? Please advise on color alternatives and the correct cream color to paint the library/shelving. I will pair it with a golden neutral that would not make the room too dark. I was going to paint the walls and ceiling the same color. Thanks in advance, Melissa in New Orleans
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Karen Chanan of Normandy Remodeling
lenox tan sounds like a good start, and elephant tusk is a pretty color, i have used it myself before. you may want to consider going a touch darker for the cabinetry, maybe oc-11, clay beige. my suggestion would be to put a sample up on the wall and on a piece of wood for the cabinetry and live with it for a day or two, to see how it looks at various times of day, in different lighting, etc. as far as you ceilings, i would paint them a lighter shade of your wall color. use a ratio of approximately 80% white/20% color.
0 Likes   March 4, 2011 at 5:52PM
More Discussions
Decorate a blank wall above kitchen sink
I have dark wood cherry cabinets and neutral cream...
need help for my kitchen
Hi-I am renovating with dark cherry cabinets, grey...
Cork floor in dry climate
Want to put floating cork floor in bedroom in Arizona...should...
Arranging books by colour?
Who does it? I can't imagine my books organized randomly...
Need paint color help
I have purchased an apartment in Greenwich Village...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™