Wondering which company manufactures the best windows
Beth Bolt
December 27, 2012 in Other
I'd like to replace the windows in my 1976 home. We built a house in 2001 that had wonderful Hurd vinyl windows that the builder liked to use. Just wondering if there is a company that stands out as the BEST window manufacturer.
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
First of all you need to see what companies will supply windows in your area and then narrow down your choices. In Ontario, Canada there are HUNDREDS of window manufacturing companies! You need to educate yourself as to what features you need and determine a price range for what you want to spend. Then start visiting showrooms and talk to the sales people about the differences.

When we replaced our windows, I spent a lot of time doing this, so when I finally made my decision (Ostaco) I was confident they were the best I could afford.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 8:34PM
Linda
I have a nephew who works for a major high end window company. At a recent family gathering he was asked "What windows are the best?"

"Whichever window best suits your needs" was his very truthful and tactful reply!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 10:03PM
The answer really depends on where you are located. The key is to purchase the best quality windows for your budget and market condition in your neighborhood.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 6:04AM
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Agree with Dytecture. There are many and availability varies by location. Some that we like are Pella architect series clad, Jeld-Wen clad (not builder grade) and Marvin.
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 10:57AM
We used Marvin windows in our sunroom addition because we needed custom sizes, and we have been extremely happy with them. We were told by our architect and contractor that they were one of the most reliable companies for the kind of windows we were looking for. But as the rest of the windows in our house are original from the 1920's, I don't have anything to compare them to.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 11:28AM
kitchen backsplash help
We have white marble countertops with gray streaks....
Karin Kunstadt-Canipe
Hi, I need help with my kitchen and livingroom redesign.
The kitchen is quite small so i don t know if i should...
Lenka Viktorinova
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
Bathroom Makeover Help!
This is a bathroom that needs a makeover. I need to...
sarander
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K