Need lighting advice!
Heather Wright
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are remodeling a house with gorgeous views. My husband wants to minimize the use of chandeliers and pendants that will obstruct the views. I always thought that you needed a light over a table/island/etc. to finish the look, anchor the furniture and provide light (of course). Are there good alternatives now to hang down lights? I don't want cheap track lighting and I'm worried that recesssed lights won't give us enough light with 10+ foot celilings. Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Heather! Although it's difficult for us to select images that may better help you visualize because we don't know your preferred style, we think semi-flush mount ceiling lights (http://www.atgstores.com/semi-flush-ceiling-lights_449.html) may be a good answer to your riddle. They provide more light, will add character and depth to the room and still cling closer to the ceiling so your views are not obstructed. We've provided some images to give you ideas, but welcome you to cruise our website and use the filters to narrow your search by style, size, finish, cost and other variables. We hope this tool helps and wish you luck!
December 28, 2012 at 3:37pm   
Heather Wright
Thank you so much to the advice. Good to know they can put out some light. I'll check out your website.
December 28, 2012 at 4:12pm     
PRO
Gina Sofia Martelli , ASID
recessed lighting would be the way to go. Very dramatic with a 10" ceiling. Adjustable fixtures would help you shape the light and accent the walls as well.
December 28, 2012 at 8:04pm