Need lighting advice!
Heather Wright
We are remodeling a house with gorgeous views. My husband wants to minimize the use of chandeliers and pendants that will obstruct the views. I always thought that you needed a light over a table/island/etc. to finish the look, anchor the furniture and provide light (of course). Are there good alternatives now to hang down lights? I don't want cheap track lighting and I'm worried that recesssed lights won't give us enough light with 10+ foot celilings. Thanks!!
ATGStores.com
Hi, Heather! Although it's difficult for us to select images that may better help you visualize because we don't know your preferred style, we think semi-flush mount ceiling lights (http://www.atgstores.com/semi-flush-ceiling-lights_449.html) may be a good answer to your riddle. They provide more light, will add character and depth to the room and still cling closer to the ceiling so your views are not obstructed. We've provided some images to give you ideas, but welcome you to cruise our website and use the filters to narrow your search by style, size, finish, cost and other variables. We hope this tool helps and wish you luck!
December 28, 2012 at 3:37pm   
Heather Wright
Thank you so much to the advice. Good to know they can put out some light. I'll check out your website.
December 28, 2012 at 4:12pm     
Gina Sofia Martelli , ASID
recessed lighting would be the way to go. Very dramatic with a 10" ceiling. Adjustable fixtures would help you shape the light and accent the walls as well.
December 28, 2012 at 8:04pm     
Need advice about covering the light bulbs in a foyer light fixture
Seen from above, the light bulbs in the foyer chandelier...
Needs lots of advice - lights, window covers
Hi, we have a new house that we really like. We moved...
Need advice on light fixture in kitchen
I've posted before about how we're trying to improve...
Need advice re: lighting
Building new cottage on lake. Basic design Craftsman/mission....
Landscaping the corner slope
This side of the house just does not work -- have no...
Recessing lighting placement on large covered patio
I have attached a diagram of how I think the lighting/fans...
To paint the woodwork or not?
Dear Houzzers, I'm stumped & need your design experience....
Help on decorating family room
Just bought a house and need help choosing tv stand!...
Looking for these pendant lights
Does anyone recognize these pendant lamps from the...