Four foot wood pocket door
latimermd
December 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We need a 4 foot wide wood (no glass) pocket door - it needs to be a SINGLE door that is hidden when open (not like a barn door).....I have not been able to find any that have panels...suggestions???
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Pocket door hardware is adaptable just buy an 8' track and two heavy duty trucks (top mounting roller wheels). and add a 4' door slab. If you don't want to spend a lot of money frame a (2) 4 x 8 1/4" hardwood plywood sheets glued together and cut down to the door height..
December 28, 2012 at 6:37PM   
judianna20
You need to prepare for the pocket door by removing the wall where the door is storing and frame it accordingly. My pocket doors have four recessed panels. You can have any door you want, you just need the "pocket".

December 28, 2012 at 6:43PM     
allstarshao
i like it
December 28, 2012 at 7:04PM   
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Of course you do or it isn't a pocket. But you can also use the same hardware on the exterior of the wall and add a cornus piece to cover the track.
December 28, 2012 at 7:05PM   
PRO
R J Hoppe Inc
You need to start from the inside out or the out side in. Is the wall where the pocket door is to be mounted existing? if so is it wide enough to enclose the door with the hardware and track associated with it? If the wall is a new one then start with the door add the track and make sure all your clearances are okay. You can go the cheap route like sliding closet door hardware or you can go the expensive route with hardware such as that offered by Hafele. The door can be custom made, solid or hollow, raised panel or flush, painted or stained and lacquered.
December 28, 2012 at 7:14PM   
More Discussions
Landscaping
I need help with some landscaping. Possibly some boxwoods...
need exterior color ideas
need siding and shingles on our new house..we have...
Need help for designing bedroom for my young girl(16).
Its total empty and plain bedroom 14"-15" I want to...
Just want a place that's relaxing!
Being a junior in highschool is stressful with lots...
Kitchen Backsplash - What type of tile do we use?
We have recently remodeled our kitchen with fabulous...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™