Trim and wainscoting color question
Mary Grant Justin
December 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
Love your work! After seeing your photos I've chosen shaker beige for my wall colors. I may go just a hair lighter in the hall. I have BM's cloud white (967) that I had planned on using for all my trim and wainscoting. The ceiling I was going to use Kelly Moore's lovely lace (OW255-1). But after seeing the white linen you use I'm wondering if I should use that instead of the cloud white. What do you think? My floors are travertine, versailles pattern, furniture chocolate brown. If this helps. Thanks!!
Michael Abrams Limited
Mary - That's a tough one. All I can say is Linen White has more warmth and yellow than Cloud White. I typically use the same color on the trim as I do the ceiling. I just falt on the ceiling and semigloss on the trim. Best of luck and send a photo when it's done.
January 1, 2013 at 2:55pm   
Mary Grant Justin
Thank you so much Michael. I will and Happy New Year!!
January 1, 2013 at 4:02pm     
Mary Grant Justin
Hi again to my favorite Houzz designer. I've used the shaker beige in my family room and adjoining dining area. I cut the color 50% with white to use on my hall walls. But it still seems a bit too dark. Is there a color you could recommend that would blend in nicely with the shaker beige or should I have the color cut by 75%? I also, used the cut version on the 4 small areas above kitchen windows but not sure if I like it or not yet. Thank you for your kindness in helping all of us.
January 4, 2013 at 9:30am   
Kitchen diner extension
Hi We finally have planning permission for our rear...
Is the deck inconsistent with the house?
Maybe the colour of the deck is where the problem is....
HELP ME PLEASE!!! I NEED COLOR and Brightness
Hello, I just bought this house about a month ago...
Want to purchase NYC coop. How would I design living room?
Looking to purchase pied a terre in NYC. How can this...
Pendant lights?
We are nearing the end of total kitchen reno and I...