Icestone kitchen counters?
aliceacc
We're starting to think of a kitchen remodel, and I've just come across icestone. Can you tell me anything about it? Price? Durability? Any pros or cons?
Thanks for your help!
Alice
Noz As A Service
Hi Alice, I've not used Icestone personally, but what I've heard about it is that it's somewhat affordable (but you'd probably need to have it sealed -- it's a little more porous than other manmade countertop materials), and reasonably durable -- but again without sealing it, you could stain it potentially. The major pro is that it's very sustainable and lots of LEED-certified public buildings have used it.

Have you seen samples of Icestone vs. the other materials you're considering for your remodel? You could probably get a small sample, and do a bit of testing (spilling wine, leaving a cold glass of water on it, etc). Good luck with the kitchen remodel!!!
    Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 6:53PM
aliceacc
One of my friends lost her home in Hurricane Sandy. She's replacing the old granite countertops with icestone in pure white; it sounds gorgeous!

I'm pretty sure we'll end up with laminate, since we've decided we want to extend the kitchen 6 or 8 feet into the yard and it would save us some money. I've seen some Formica and Wilson stuff that's gorgeous!
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 1:41PM
Interiors International, Inc.
I would use one of the other quartz tops until the get the staining problem solved. Constant sealing is a pain you might as well use white marble. It takes the same amount of maintenance.
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 1:49PM
aliceacc
Thanks, I'll pass the info on to her.
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 5:13PM
Front door
For comfort, energy reasons, and curb appeal we need...
kelly61413
What wall color for my kitchen?
I want to keep the oak cabinets. I think it goes well...
Anna
Ceiling fans
We are looking at the Minka Aire Aviation fan vs something...
flopsycat1
My painted cabinets clash with my cedar walls.
I painted my cabinets Stone White by Benjamin Moore...
Livie & Luca
Please help!
I really need help with my entrance, sunken living...
sarahdallan