Cabinets
danyaf
December 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
Do any big box stores offer cabinetry like this?
Grace Reed
This kitchen is stunning isn't it? I'm a kitchen designer at Home Depot and you can get the same door style, similar finish and the cabinets in our semi-custom lines. American Woodmark is a great value and we also have a custom line called Innermost. It is a frameless cabinet and offers so much more storage than standard framed cabinets. If your in the Lancaster, PA area, stop in and see me!
3 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:54AM
wine_and_roses
I just ordered these exact cabinets - American Woodmark, Reading style door, "premium" painted Linen finish, with all plywood construction. I couldn't have been more disappointed. When we opened the boxes, all 6 cabinets we purchased had at least one separated door front (as shown in picture). The plywood side of one of my wall cabinets is splitting. I paid extra for the five-piece drawer front on my base cabinets and those are flawed as well. One is missing paint and is showing bare wood. The quality and workmanship is so poor - its embarrassing that these were made in America. My husband and I will be complaining to the Home Depot manager tonight... we will not be accepting these as-is.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 5:55AM
Grace Reed
Wine and roses...your comment about being disappointed caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting it. I'm in a high volume store and we sell lots of AMWD and don't have these problems. AMWD is a good company to work with and I feel sure things will be worked out. Let me know how things work out, ok?
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 7:52AM
wine_and_roses
We went to the store and inspected the replacement doors AMWD sent. Still awaiting the replacement cabinet, although I am sure that will be sent back as well. 5 out of the 7 replacement doors had the same defects. We are awaiting Home Depot management to discuss this with us today. We paid in full in April in still have nothing to show for it.
0 Likes   June 5, 2013 at 9:34AM
Grace Reed
Wine and Roses, thanks for the update. I'm going to run your situation past my AMWD rep. Will keep you posted.
0 Likes   June 10, 2013 at 8:03AM
Grace Reed
By the way, another kitchen designer I work with used AMWD in her kitchen, too. And, neither her or I would recommend and sell it if we knew customers were unhappy with it!
0 Likes   June 10, 2013 at 8:07AM
Need help with my lamp shade issue
lamp shades for classic crystal lamps in bedroom
Leida Bartmess
Tying in the fireplace with room
Finished floors with viridian floors jarakta mix. ...
Dan Whiteley
kitchen dilemma
with three wood colors, I'm at a loss with how to update...
bethclapper
Should we tile around this modern fireplace or not?
We are adding a fireplace to our 1962 ranch house....
Jennifer Jackson
HELP! What would you do in this kitchen?
we are looking at redoing our kitchen. we want new...
crioux13