love the divider, where is it from? and what do you call the design? So i can search for it in my area.
Siril Tjessem
December 30, 2012 in Photo Questions
LOTOS Construction
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking a look at Lotos Construction. Unfortunately, our designers have requested that we do not give out proprietary information. We do suggest that you take a look at the Houzz Professionals section to assisting you in finding what you are looking for.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 9:05AM
tbneal
Arghhh
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 6:35PM
ruthian
to bad i would love to know where i can get divider from?
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 4:18PM
Magdalena Bogart Interiors
Yes, I would love to know the resource as well. Yet being an interior designer myself I totally agree that designers in general should not be so free with giving out their resources. That is a designer's livelihood. It takes many years to develop the right resources, nurture the relation ships with vendors and reps, visiting trade shows and rep-meetings. These are huge investments in time and money.

But people expect this knowledge for free and it is not right. You don't ask a lawyer or doctor for free advice either, do you?

Best wishes.
Magdalena
2 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 10:38AM
dend88
Here's my thoughts on that:
1- This is the age of DIY. I agee designers need to make a living but by being so secretive with information you turn off potential clients. Clearly in this economy the DIYer or the person asking for resources is not going to pay you thousands if dollars for design work. So your not kidding business by sharing. They weren't going to be your client anyway.

2- don't post your work on an app like Houzz for millions of people across the world to see only to say "no" to people who admire your work. Clearly someone 5000 miles from you is not going to pay you to come and design for them. If they could afford that, trust me, they would not be playing on their phone looking at the Houzz app.

So tired of designers acting like they are better and know so much. Most of you are bored housewives who just have the time to shop all day and find thus stuff.
8 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 11:19AM
Magdalena Bogart Interiors
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this interesting topic. I totally agree worth you. There are a lot of relatively untrained people out there calling themselves designers. The highly trained and talented professional designers though are well worth they money . And I include myself into this group.
They are able to truly transform rooms, people enjoy day after day for years to come.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 11:36AM
dend88
You failed to see my point. There are MANY people out there who cannot afford to hire a designer and simply want to be pointed toward information so they can DIY. Why should they be denied what is rarely propriatary. Such as paint color, tile name, vanity resource, ect. If the designer didn't imagine the creation and have someone else build it.......if all the designer did was shop to pick out a vanity or the color of the paint or the light fixture.......then they are simply trying to be elite by not sharing. And for that I say let them design, build, create their own website and get off Houzz. This app is for sharing ( not advertising)
5 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 2:02PM
ruthian
I agree totally with u Den, a real designer it's never to scared to share ideas we see it every day on Hgtv these people are very successful
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 2:09PM
Magdalena Bogart Interiors
I think there is a difference between sharing ideas and sharing resources.
1 Like   February 8, 2013 at 2:47PM
ruthian
Magdalena this is must be your divider u should feel good about it that people asking for the idea or resource or however u did that divider but you turned this to negative you nagging about people asking how this is done that's what people do here you sound like you got some issues with yourself . It's not our problem how much u spent on resources or ideas nobody cares be happy someone likes your idea gosh how unprofessional I can't believe these positive comments turned to a discussion of your personal problems. Stop crying and move on
0 Likes   February 8, 2013 at 3:19PM
jonar1234
A true DIYer wouldn't be asking where to buy it. Just go get yourself a couple of 2x4 and a saw and make it yourself. Doesn't look all that difficult
2 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 5:45PM
dlgarone
This "designer's" comments remind me of the snobby retail sales people in higher end stores. They just make us laugh! I always want to say, "You do realize that I am the customer, no matter what I look like or what I am wearing. Chances are extremely high that I make a lot more money than you do!"
As others have said, those proprietary or "trade only" comments from designer and construction services do not belong here. I certainly wouldn't ever use the services of a service person such as the one commenting here.
3 Likes   March 26, 2013 at 8:49PM
Two glass front kitchen cabinet doors or none? Costs??
I'm trying to decide whether to do two seeded glass...
Remodeling
My 3x3m spare room, need help for remodeling, maybe...
Backsplash help!!!
Hi my kitchen is all done except backsplash and paint....
Unfortunate tudor style rec room.
I have a tudor style rec room in the basement with...
Help! Why is this happening?
I sanded my solid oak cabinet doors (over 40 years...