Bathroom design with no thought behind it...
putty527
Don't have pics at the moment but our bathroom is designed terrible!! One of the dilemma's is the linen closet door is right behind the bathroom door and you have to close one to get into the closet!!! How crazy is that?! Not to mention that we have double sinks, but, cannot stand at the one closest to the door if someone walks in, say my husband, you get hit in the butt!! Poorly designed!!! Need help, stat!
olldroo
How big is your bathroom? Are you looking at gutting it and starting over? Can you redo the linen closet to access it from another area outside the bathroom for starters.
1 Like   December 30, 2012 at 3:24PM
putty527
Yes, we are going to gut it! Really poor design and dated! Unfortunately I don't have the measurements as of yet, since I'm new to this sight. Will post pics though with more info. As far as you wondering if there is another way to access the closet? No, if we were to say put it on the outside of the bathroom, it would interfere with the fact that we want to really consider putting a shower stall where the closet is now. And I am hoping for a clawfoot tub in there as well. Not sure if this will all work out. But, we were thinking about possibly putting some sort of linen "cabinet" near the doublesinks, somehow! Still confused...
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:37PM
Nancy Hehmann
If you said stat, does that mean you are a nurse or other healthcare provider. Sounds like it! Since we cannot see your space. You might put barn door in the HOUZZZ search engine. They are really in now and perhaps if your space allows you could use one of those instead of a door that swings open. Do not think you will get optimum suggestions till pictures are up. But, I am sure you will get a lot of ideas when you do. Happy New Year!
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 4:00PM
Our linen closet door is behind the door to our bathroom also and it causes us no problems. Actually, we don't have to get into the linen closet all that often, just every few days when we change towels, and also when we change sheets. If it's cosmetics that you store in there, then I think your problem may be more of lacking adequate storage where it is needed, which would be in the vanity.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 4:17PM
Nancy Hehmann
@ Carolyn Have a Happy New Year!! We never go out on New Year's; too crowded.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 4:21PM
Barn doors can be noisy, which is not the kind of door I'd want on my bathroom.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 4:22PM
And to you Carolina Photo, Happy New Year! May the new year bring us all happiness, prosperity and good health!
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 7:52PM
olldroo
Carolyn, I have slide-in doors on my bathrooms, had no choice spacewise, and agree with the noise problem, especially late at night. Happy New Year to everyone and hope your Pollies get the Fiscal Cliff sorted before it affects us all.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 9:19PM
Wood floors - options?
Can't tell if these hardwood floors absolutely require...
castelljennifer
Cozy
How do you make a living room cozy? Without adding...
ashav44
What should I do with this faux fireplace?
We moved into a brand new home and our decorator designed...
paradox44
Cozy
How do you make living room cozy? Without using breakable...
ashav44
Before & After Photos
Here’s another project we began working on recently....
Vanguard development LA