Playroom/Office - How do I design around this rug?
ccb1122
December 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have a playroom / office that I'm redecorating. Floor is dark wood, all furniture is black wood from pottery barn or Ikea and I have this lovely Land of Nod 8X10 rug in the middle of the floor. I need big help with what color to paint the walls and fabric choice for benches and/or shades. I want it to be bright and cheery, but not completely kid-oriented b/c it's my space too. Help!?!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Noz Nozawa
I think your playroom/office will be bright and cheery with this rug as the colorful star of the room! You could do simple white walls, or a light silver would be amazing to contrast with the pink, while still being a light, bright neutral. For upholstering the benches/doing shades, that would depend on what color walls you went with, but I think a grey/silver tone-on-tone between the walls and fabrics would go really well with dark floors, black furniture, and the bright, bold rug :)

Side note, I really like this photo with a pink rug:

December 30, 2012 at 10:28pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
I love what they did in this bed room and I think it would work with your beautiful rug: Great Neighborhood Homes. Posters guessed that the lilac color is Peace and Happiness 1380 Paint and the tan is Manchester Tan HC-81 by Benjamin Moore.

I would pick one color from the rug to highlight for benches, but keep the lamp shades white. How about blinds with gauzy white sheers for the windows? Simple prints like ones in the bedroom would look good, as well as, black and white matted and framed photography.

Good luck.
December 31, 2012 at 1:28am