Is there possible to use extremely different colors for the bedrooms?
normaana
December 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Purple for my daughter, blues for my kid and browns the main bedroom. All the floors will be cherry wood. Thanks in advance?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
Sure each room is off from the rest.

This is a great purple: wild mulberry CSP-475 that would be easy to live with. Look at this space which was desinged for a young girl: Playfully Plum Bedroom. You could do something similar, except have the mulberry on the wall with yellow, white and khaki in the bedding and accessories.

For the boys room, either Kensington Blue 840 by Benjamin Moore or Buckland Blue HC-151 by Benjamin Moore would be great.

This is an attractive brown for the main room: Whitall Brown HC-69 Paint. See: Custom Millwork.

All of these colors are the same instensity, which also helps. I would use the same trom color, like White Dove OC-17 by Benjamin Moore or Decorator's White CC-20 by Benjamin Moore for for greater continuity.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 6:28PM
Natalie
LOL! Have to laugh as I have Tobacco, son has Orange Crush, and daughter has Antique Gem (pink), and my studio is Soft Lavender. I painted the hallway a medium gray/greige and having done so, the transition is easy from room to room. Let them choose the colors they love and have fun. Pics of colors close to what I have---I love color. Good Luck!
houzz=162 white pine - new build][houzz=Noe Valley Three][houzz=][houzz="Sweet Dreams" Bedroom][houzz=Jane Fonda Inspired Suite][houzz=RUSSIAN HILL]
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 7:16PM
PRO
Linda
My daughter has dark green, my son has light blue and our master is light green. My daughter nicknamed the rooms as Cave, Sky and Pond.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 10:01PM