Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minglee415

Help me with new dining table!

Lee Lacey
9 years ago

I live in a 1930s Tudor. The dining room is 12' by 9.5' and is the main circulation space for the main floor. (Main color is BM Hale Navy.)There is a large doorway to the living room, a doorway to the kitchen, a doorway to the TV room and bathroom and a doorway (with door) to the staircase. My existing dining table is a smaller rectangular table. I'd like to replace it with a round dining table, preferably extendable. And I hate the dark faux wood because it always streaks and never looks clean even when it is.

My top two choices are: PB Benchwright Pedestal Table or WSHome's Lancaster Round Dining Table

The PB table is 48" and the WSHome table is 50". I slightly prefer the WSHome table but do you think 50" will be too big for the room? The slight drawback is that the WSHome is white...too bright? But we do have some white accent pieces in the living room and TV room and white upper cabinets in the kitchen, so it wouldn't look completely out of place.

I'm thinking about pairing the tables with this chair: Ballard Design's Dana Side Chairs. Maybe in white with the PB table and gray with the WSHome table. I like these because my roman shades have a chinoiserie design and I thought it would be a nice repeat of that design. I'm also partial to Serena & Lily's Carson Side Chair. Maybe the black one with the PB table and the oak one with the WSHome table? But I'm afraid it might not look right design-wise in the room/house. And it's quite spendy.

Thoughts houzzers? I'm open to other options but I'm pretty set on a round table. I also have a three year old (thus the Stokke Tripp Trapp highchair in the pics) so something that is family friendly would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment (1)