Need help with exterior
nirmalabaskaran
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are retro fitting a 1970's bungalow in Malaysia with a modern Mediterranean theme. I was thinking of burgundy coloured terra cotta tiles for the terrace, porch and courtyards. The house itself is going to be white with a red roof. Do you think with all the hype about black and greys, this could end up looking old fashioned and boring? My interior decor is eclectic with lots of red fabrics and dark wood in it.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
Did you post the right picture????
January 2, 2013 at 2:20am   
architectrunnerguy
Looks like a renal tissue report. Lucky it wasn't a bank statement with the personal ID number on it!
January 2, 2013 at 2:38am     
nirmalabaskaran
You guys are right... it is the wrong pic and a renal tissue report (not mine).
Here are the right pics. We start construction in six weeks and i am wrecked with doubts re the whole color scheme thing. Please help.

This is the side garden on the right of the house. We are covering the drains, altering the windows, and turfing. No terracotta here.

This is the backyard. You can’t see a lot of the land, but there are two large fruit trees just beyond the frame. This area will be in red terracotta. The windows are going to be redone, bigger and more modern finish. Black trim.

We are adding a double storey bit onto the driveway you see on the left. The extension comes out as far as the building on the right, so that the building becomes U-shaped. It eats about 3 feet into the turfed area. The central courtyard is then going to be excavated to build a sunken seating area. This will be in terracotta. We are opening up large windows and french windows to look into the courtyard. There is a further 40 x 20 feet of land in front which you can see in the next pic.
The new car porch will be on a lower level and we are doing that in concrete with grass between blocks

That is a mango tree that we are likely removing to replace with softer trees that will let more light in and allow the grass to grow

Not sure which pics I managed to attach this time.
January 2, 2013 at 9:31pm