Needing help to create a little more curb appeal.
Stacie Mock
I am needing to add a little more life to my house. Being on a corner lot I have not only the front but the blank side to do...any suggestions to break up or soften the front all stucco 2 storey? There is stone work at the bottom but I find it too small of an accent compaired to the house size. Too many ideas in my head and needing some help from a different perspective....
Interiors International, Inc.
White garage door has to go. Darker color on that will be better but not a dark color. Something that blends more with the body of the house. Your front door needs a pop of color it looks way to dark and uninviting. Plant a edging along your driveway and sidewalk. Putting plants in pots walking up the stairs will be more inviting and draw your guest up to the door.
January 2, 2013 at 7:51am     
Custom Home Planning Center
Agree garage door color change. Consider a larger design graphic of the 61 address on the door?
January 2, 2013 at 8:01am     
heathbulred
I would add shutters to the 2nd floor windows and paint the door a brighter color. All I see is the side windows. I agree on the pots for the steps. You also need some flowering bushes under the main floor window. Nothing taller than the window, but something bigger than what is there now. Cute house, by the way. ;)
January 2, 2013 at 8:12am     
Rose Construction, Inc.
I think the house looks fine. The yard could use some landscaping. Rhododendrons, small decorative japanese maples, things like that.
January 2, 2013 at 8:27am     
The stucco color could be darker for a more sophisticated look.
January 2, 2013 at 9:29am     
Stacie Mock
Thank you everyone....like I said I have lots of ideas and you have helped confirm some of them. :)
January 2, 2013 at 10:50am   
rwagenaar
Darker stucco - closer to the color of the stone, shutters on upper windows, solid panels on side lites same dark color as front door, don't paint garage door as it will peel sooner or later, front door need not be same color as shutters or garage door, exterior lanterns on both side of garage door, maybe add a row(upper) of windows to garage door, house number next to mail box or a fancy one over the garage door. Wind gardens from driveway by th porch in front of window and the back towards the road and back to the side of the house, you can google gardens - there is lots of nice images out there. I will attach images to inspire you.
Rinske
January 2, 2013 at 11:38am     
rwagenaar
more
January 2, 2013 at 11:39am   
rwagenaar
more
January 2, 2013 at 11:40am   
rwagenaar
more
January 2, 2013 at 11:41am   
rwagenaar
more
January 2, 2013 at 11:46am   
Stacie Mock
Thanks @rwagenaar! You summed up what I need to do in a few short minutes what I have been trying to do in 2 yrs! I get sooo distracted by too many choices and sometimes the best thing to do is ask a stranger. Thank you again everyone!
January 2, 2013 at 12:01pm   
Should You Sell Or Should You Stay
Glad to have been of help - I enjoy beautifying properties - inside and out:)
January 3, 2013 at 2:21pm     
Roc+Solid Land Design
I'm always a proponent of creating contrast. So I agree to a darker stucco color to make the details pop (right now everything's the same color). I say no to shutters unless you use heavy, antique looking ones: http://cdn.rentvillas.com/Images/Properties/WebImages/19471/Provence-House-with-Pool-for-Family-Near-St-Remy-Maison-Ines--129751.jpg?preset=full
Yes to bright color on the front door and large pots (24"-30" diameter), tall pots, one each side of the front door. The thing with stucco is it provides a nice backdrop to a great landscape. So I would focus on creating more visual interest with your landscape. And don't go with the idea of rhododendrons and Japanese maples unless you live in a region with regular rain and acidic soils.
February 6, 2014 at 4:25pm      Thanked by Stacie Mock
Need help creating curb appeal
I recently purchased the two story, 1500sf home in...
Need Help Selecting Siding Color and Creating Curb Appeal
We just purchased a beach cottage that dates back to...
Help! Need to pick exterior paint colors and create curb appeal!
We've owned this little house for years and it's in...
need help w/ plants for more curb appeal
Old house sits on a triangle lot. The house is seen...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Does this room need curtains?
Backyard is woods so we don't need curtains for privacy....
Kids bedroom layout... Help please!
Hi all, We are building our dream house in Longlands...
What do you think about mismatched dining chairs?
The key to an eclectic look, surely? And also brilliant...
Need help decorating my deck
We built this 16X20' deck in the fall and now I don't...