pparke
March 12, 2011 in Photo Questions
Who is the manufacturer of this sink?
Texas Lightsmith
I am not sure who made this sink, but you can get one from http://www.texaslightsmith.com
April 13, 2011 at 8:46am     
vickyseidler
How durable are these sinks? Are they easy to clean and don't break dishes etc?
May 30, 2012 at 9:15am   
Texas Lightsmith
what kind of sink breaks dishes? Copper sinks are pretty unique in their care as they typically will have a living finish basin, check this link out for more information about what a living finish is and how to take care of it http://www.texaslightsmith.com/www/faq.php#faq13
August 10, 2012 at 7:16am   
vickyseidler
Some sinks are harder and if you drop something it can crack or break like fireclay. Thanks so much I will check it out!
August 10, 2012 at 8:37pm     
Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question. As I mentioned in previous posts about this kitchen and others, the sink is by Masterpiece Sinks. We used Masterpiece because instead of a "live" (ie, changing) surface on their metal patina sinks, they have a "lifetime" finish that is guaranteed not to change for 10 years. Our experience with them so far has been up and down: up because the finishes generally seem to last, down because the quality of the construction seems somewhat mediocre (top edges of sinks has been dented and uneven at receipt) and the quality of the construction process has been spotty (we have twice received the wrong apron design after waiting 4 weeks for manufacture). In addition we have had one finish failure, in which the metal surface coating of the inside of the sink wore off around the drain. In that case Masterpiece replaced the sink promptly, but the "remove & replace" installation work was a considerable headache, and it cost me $400-$500 for labor.
September 28, 2012 at 7:56pm   
sandy_g
I think it's Kohler
October 18, 2012 at 3:03pm   
Hm mm, "I think it's Kohler?" Sorry, Sandy G, Kohler has nothing even close to this sink in their product line. Per my note several weeks ago, we purchased this sink from Masterpiece. You may also want to check out the copper sinks from Stone Forest; we've had good luck with them.
October 18, 2012 at 7:48pm     
Texas Lightsmith
The living finish for this type of situation is really your best option for such a high traffic appliance...the only other suitable cover is PVD which is made for machinery parts, while extremely durable there is a size limit to what you can coat with it. I am shocked that they say 10yrs on a sealed sink basin... what do they use to seal it? Have you been using their product for 10 years?
October 19, 2012 at 7:15am   
Texas Lightsmith
@Quality Bath do you use a pres for those or are they hand tooled?
October 19, 2012 at 8:32am   
Quality Bath
Texas Lightsmith, These sinks are made by Sierra Copper and Whitehaus. They are both hand crafted.
October 19, 2012 at 8:53am     
Desperate to paint lake house! Please help
Thought I was set on SW sea Salt, but now second guessing...
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
Help choosing curtains for my son's LR
My son would like curtains for his living area. He...
HELP! gallery wall or large art piece?!
Hi there! moved in a while ago and am trying to recreate...
Need help with my kitchen
We recently changed our kitchen from an impractical...