Hardware Nightmare!!! HELP!!
tiffanyfrye13
My Husband & I are updating our 90's home (oak wood trim & brass hardware) to a more up to date aurora. :) I currently had decided on Oil Rubbed Brass for the entire house hardware. I was feeling very confident in that decision as we are leaving the oak cabinets in our kitchen and I wasn't sure that brushed nickel hardware would go well with oak cabinets.

However, my Husband recently decided that he would like to paint all the interior doors black. I love this idea but it has certainly sent my mind into a hardware nightmare! I'm afraid the oil rubbed bronze isn't going to look good on a black door! I don't like a black on black effect. I think brushed nickel would look much better on the black doors however, we both think oil rubbed bronze will look better throughout the house except for the black doors! Grrr!

So, I guess the question I'm posed with is.... Do people make their hardware match throughout their house or am I being a bit overboard?! Will it look weird to have just the door nobs on the black doors brushed nickel yet, all the rest of the hardware oil rubbed bronze? I'm having a battle in my mind and need some input!

My other option is to just say no to the black doors and go back to the original plan and I will feel good about that at least since we had already decided! :)

HELP!!
TanCalGal
I like hardware on all black doors to be the brushed nickel. The ORB will be fine on kitchen cabinets.
January 6, 2013 at 4:01pm   
70's nightmare!! Please help!!
I have no idea what I can do with this angled, full...
1970's lounge nightmare! Help me fix this pain in my behind
I have been on a mission to update this loungeroom...
HELP! I have a designer's nightmare for a 2 story room.
I have a 2 story living room that is seriously lacking...
Harwood floor stain - a DIYer's worst nightmare - help!
I need advice asap! My husband and I just installed...
Need help with nightmare laundry room.
The Laundry room is a disaster! The sheet rock is...
Need help with living room color scheme
We are just starting to renovate our new home and I...
Ugly duckling garage facade needs help with balance and new style!
Challenge of a lifetime! Looking for suggestions to...
Is it much too red?
I wanted red and pink to be the main color of our place. I...
To drop or not to drop
Am installing ceilings in my new house and am mulling...
Lighting design combined living and dining area
I am about to install a false ceiling with recessed...