Hardware Nightmare!!! HELP!!
tiffanyfrye13
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My Husband & I are updating our 90's home (oak wood trim & brass hardware) to a more up to date aurora. :) I currently had decided on Oil Rubbed Brass for the entire house hardware. I was feeling very confident in that decision as we are leaving the oak cabinets in our kitchen and I wasn't sure that brushed nickel hardware would go well with oak cabinets.

However, my Husband recently decided that he would like to paint all the interior doors black. I love this idea but it has certainly sent my mind into a hardware nightmare! I'm afraid the oil rubbed bronze isn't going to look good on a black door! I don't like a black on black effect. I think brushed nickel would look much better on the black doors however, we both think oil rubbed bronze will look better throughout the house except for the black doors! Grrr!

So, I guess the question I'm posed with is.... Do people make their hardware match throughout their house or am I being a bit overboard?! Will it look weird to have just the door nobs on the black doors brushed nickel yet, all the rest of the hardware oil rubbed bronze? I'm having a battle in my mind and need some input!

My other option is to just say no to the black doors and go back to the original plan and I will feel good about that at least since we had already decided! :)

HELP!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
I like hardware on all black doors to be the brushed nickel. The ORB will be fine on kitchen cabinets.
January 6, 2013 at 4:01PM