Hardware Nightmare!!! HELP!!
tiffanyfrye13
My Husband & I are updating our 90's home (oak wood trim & brass hardware) to a more up to date aurora. :) I currently had decided on Oil Rubbed Brass for the entire house hardware. I was feeling very confident in that decision as we are leaving the oak cabinets in our kitchen and I wasn't sure that brushed nickel hardware would go well with oak cabinets.

However, my Husband recently decided that he would like to paint all the interior doors black. I love this idea but it has certainly sent my mind into a hardware nightmare! I'm afraid the oil rubbed bronze isn't going to look good on a black door! I don't like a black on black effect. I think brushed nickel would look much better on the black doors however, we both think oil rubbed bronze will look better throughout the house except for the black doors! Grrr!

So, I guess the question I'm posed with is.... Do people make their hardware match throughout their house or am I being a bit overboard?! Will it look weird to have just the door nobs on the black doors brushed nickel yet, all the rest of the hardware oil rubbed bronze? I'm having a battle in my mind and need some input!

My other option is to just say no to the black doors and go back to the original plan and I will feel good about that at least since we had already decided! :)

HELP!!
TanCalGal
I like hardware on all black doors to be the brushed nickel. The ORB will be fine on kitchen cabinets.
January 6, 2013 at 4:01PM   
1970's lounge nightmare! Help me fix this pain in my behind
I have been on a mission to update this loungeroom...
HELP! I have a designer's nightmare for a 2 story room.
I have a 2 story living room that is seriously lacking...
Nightmare fireplace installment!!! HELP
Just had 50" napolean gas fire fitted. Flame stays...
Harwood floor stain - a DIYer's worst nightmare - help!
I need advice asap! My husband and I just installed...
HELP!!! Living room nightmare
Just moved into this house and had visions of what...
Family room furniture placement!
We took a desk out of this room and now the furniture...
Driving me crazy deciding on a countertop. Help me, please!
We can't decide on which color granite to put in our...
What to do with wall space next to bar counter
I thought I would do floating shelves but now I am...