Can you replace space for a table in an eat in kichen with an island/table?
Greg Burks
really want an island but there won't be room for a table and chairs. Can put a table and chairs in the den/family area next to the half wall.
narcse
We have this problem too, so I would like to know. The way we justified having an island and not having the table is that if we go to sell it, someone can make it work if need be, but we would rather have the island.
January 5, 2013 at 4:22pm   
AMN
Each situation requires a different answer based on the dimensions and use of the space. Pictures, measurements, and comments on how the space is used will help us help you better. Thank you.
January 5, 2013 at 4:26pm   
Dlyte Interior Design
In a recent kitchen renovation we did, we replaced the eat-in dining table for an island of the exact size and it worked in that situation because the homeowner has a formal dining room. I think its a great idea if you have a dining area/room. Your kitchen will seem much larger, you'll maximize storage and depending on the layout of the island you may be able to still seat the amount bodies you did when you had a table. Good Luck!
January 5, 2013 at 5:54pm   
Yay or Nay? Indoor fairy lights
Are you a fan of using fairy lights indoors? The twinkle...
Cabinet pull color
My cabinets are Shaker style and the color is a dark...
Window trim
I'm wanting to add more character around my door and...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...
new bar needs something
I just bought this bar that I have been eyeing for...