What would you do in this room? Paint, layout furniture colour and styling advice needed urgently!!!!
champagne4lulu
We just bought a house and move in next week!

I'm struggling with designing this room in the house. It is a rectangular shape with a walk through right through the middle. Dark parquetry floors. One half we've designated a dining area(where the a/c unit is), the other a sitting area where the door is). On one side of the room is the kitchen. Then you walk right through the middle of this space from the kitchen to the tv/living room. There is only one door in this space, no windows so its very dark. I was going to paint the whole space pale smoke by benjamin Moore or a soft dove Gray. But now after going back and looking again, I'm worried it will be too dark.

Furniture wise we will get some new things. I want to get a new dining table in high gloss white with ss legs and clear ghost chairs. The sitting area for now will have a blue suede sofa, I light blue ink colour. I was thinking of getting these white rattan chairs from ikea with blue and white cushions. http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/30209866/
White gloss coffee table with ss legs. I want to get a rug too but not sure what colour style yet.

I'm really struggling with this area - I don't know what colour to paint - it's really cold and stark yet still dark but I'm worried the soft Gray will make it darker?? I'm worried the blue couch will make it even darker. A lighter couch isn't an option yet as we have two little boys who would destroy it in seconds. I'm planning on getting some nice wingback armchairs sometime this year but haven't found what I want (and not sure what colour yet either!)

Please help - just want to make this look really nice, inviting and stylish but overwhelmed with all that's going on!
champagne4lulu
Here's some pics of the space with furniture so you can see space. Pics taken with lights on, doors open, brightest time of day.
January 6, 2013 at 4:18AM   
champagne4lulu
The couch we will be using - have this in two or three seats. Cushion is what I will use on 2x rattan white ikea chairs. Couch against sitting room back wall, coffe table in front and chairs maybe behind or on either side of coffee, depending on space (don't want to interrupt flow through of space).
January 6, 2013 at 4:23AM   
Help! How should I decorate this wall above the fireplace?
With the fireplace ending in an odd area, it's difficult...
Backsplash drama
I just changed the counter top but not crazy about...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Mesh gutter guards
Need an opinion. Do mesh gutter guards help or cause...
Suggestions for living room
Now that we finally have the main pieces purchased...