Curtain question for diningroom
leighpanek
I love the color of the dining room -gray/blue on top and ivory on bottom. I would like to put a window treatment in (other than the pink cell shades that came with the house!). I have purchased ivory Dupioni silk drapes from pottery barn for the bay window, but my questions are: (1) is the plain ivory too plain? (2) how can I get them to hang lower? If I hang the rod directly over the transom, and use curtain rings, I gain about 1 1/2 inch in lengh, but the curtains are still about 1 1/2 inch from the floor. (3). Should I hang the curtains between the actual window and the transom, or does that look funny? (4). Does anyone have suggestions for bay window curtain rods?
leighpanek
Btw, that curtain is just tacked up to check color/length
January 6, 2013 at 5:22AM   
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
There is only one place that you should be hanging rods on those windows... in that small space between the top of the window frame and the molding. I know it's small but that's where it needs to go. The top of your drapes need to cover the woodwork on the window, and not reveal it.

There are MANY brands of hardware on the market that have pivoting elbows and low profile brackets that work in a bay window, and work in that tight mounting space. I HIGHLY recommend in this instance to get a professional window installer to measure and specify the hardware and install it for you. You need to purchase drapes that are floor length to the top of the window molding.

Return them, do not hang drapes that are the wrong length. I never recommend cutting a window in 2 by hanging under a transom window...I just repeated all this in another post a few minutes ago.

I cant' tell from your photo whether the ivory is too bland as the colors of the room did not come out well in your photo. Sometimes if you have striking art or rug the windows show take a quieter role. Hard to answer without seeing what else is in the room.
January 6, 2013 at 6:59AM     
leighpanek
Thank you!
January 6, 2013 at 7:10AM   
Curtains or No Curtains....is the Question......?
4 big windows on a large high wall.....what to do?...
To curtain or not to curtain? That is the question.
To all designers. What makes you lean towards curtains...
Living Room Curtain Question
My husband and I are getting ready to move into our...
Curtain hanging question
I saw somewhere that a "Don't" with handing curtains...
I love all of your designs! Curtain question.
What is the width of the curtain panels? 50"?
Colorblind decorating?
For any of you who may be colorblind, have you run...
Buffet turned into an island
I really like how my project turned out. Just seems...
Need help with my living room
Hi , we moved in our new house year ago ,I am still...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
POLL: Who's the messy one in your house?
Even in a house full of neatniks, there is ALWAYS one...