Bathroom with exterior door
christy3004
We are looking at a house with an exterior door in the bathroom. It is the main exit to the back yard. I have never lived in a house where the bathroom was a "traffic" area. Do you have any suggestions / design inspiration / pictures of bathrooms with an exterior door? I lack imagination and would appreciate your inputs.
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Personally, that would be a deal breaker for me. If it can't be relocated, I'd look at other homes.
January 7, 2013 at 4:22AM   
gina rendel
A friend of mine grew up in a house with an exterior door to the bathroom. It served as an entrance to and from the pool for changing swimsuits or using the bathroom since poolhouse/ boathouse was built for utility.. not luxury. It was a shortcut after lawn duties to the shower, avoiding traffic through the house. This house was situated on a river in Northern Indiana, packed with quirkish yet smart design considerations that elevated daily living to a charming lifestyle for how the family lived through the house. The "right" home today seems to be more about luxury of materials and scale, sometimes feeling more like a show piece than "home." Take on a new perspective and embrace the history of the home...you may come to love what you don't yet understand.
January 7, 2013 at 5:03AM   
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
Is it the only bathroom in the house??
January 7, 2013 at 6:08AM   
Inside trim and door color?
We are building a rustic home on a lake. A sophisticated...
Exterior paint suggestions
My 1959 bungalow needs perking up , Light rust terracotta...
Choosing interior doors
Need help choosing interior doors that would team well...
Need help picking a sunny yellow paint for retro kitchen
I have a Brady bunch kitchen. I am trying to select...