Hiding cords from Flat Screen TV mounted on brick above fireplace.
demuri
We love having our 46" flat screen mounted above the fireplace, but the cords are unsightly. Any ideas on hiding them?
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Would help if you posted a picture. There are things called a wire chase that can be used. It is not invisible but sometimes better than cords.
January 8, 2013 at 12:38PM   
studiobarbie
Why aren't more people having this issue... (Hubby handyman has a near future do-over because of the leveling and balance issue with the crooked installation. uh-oh. LOL) As far as wires and tech stuff, I am thinking the only answer is to be imaginative, resourceful and do your homework, darn it. I used the wire chases quite successfully in a bedroom, but here I may need to use crown mouldings and faux painting techniques? But what about the tech stuff sitting on the hearth. Shall we use them for firewood and open up a book? LOL We have the mantle sitting somewhere and probably need it -or something like it, to house, ur um, houzz the necessary items. Hmmm. Also, we are remodeling and plan to paint everything fresh, including the brick. Ideas out there? Windows and door are all being replaced with no cross members to show full view of the lake in our yard. So beautiful. HELP?
January 8, 2013 at 2:19PM   
LM Designers
I have the same problem. What are people doing about this mess?
January 8, 2013 at 3:18PM   
abbshel
An electrician can install outlets directly Behind your TV so your wires can remain hidden behind the TV.
January 8, 2013 at 3:34PM   
studiobarbie
The installment for the electrical outlet would need to be carried through the actual brick face, or else the box needs to have a visible wire chase to its location behind the tv, would it not?
January 9, 2013 at 1:47PM   
Need help with wall color to go with my travertine floor
I'm renovating my master bath and having hard time...
THIS is my bathroom sink that i want
I canNOT find this exact sink, help!!!
Looking Blare.. TV Wall
need help with my tv wall. my husband put up the 4...
need advice for painting colors
I am painting a mud room that will be a nice dog room...
Paint my Dining set?
Hi there! I wanted to get rid of this dining set -...