Need ideas for what to do with this HUGE tub!!!
melissatiner
We are remodeling master bath. We are limited on what we can do with the tub because of the windows ~ we cannot get rid of the ledge. We are wanting a drop in tub (no jacuzzi) with either wood panel or breadboard on front part and either granite or tile on other spaces. The shower could possibly be extended a bit...tiled, new doors, etc...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thinking of doing plantation shutters on windows...? Walls will be painted as well. Floors redone.
I would have a smaller tub in order to gain more space in the shower which usually gets used more often.

1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 9:23AM
litzie132
What's your budget like?

You could try to incorporate the colour of the tile or the walls into the design of the tub, like the blue below...maybe even move away from a drop in tub if you have the space? If you switched the sink drawers which I think are just visible in the left bottom corner of the picture for a more minimalist sink approach, you'd probably have the space to have a really showy tub.

Layout wise, you could try extending the shower over part of your bath space? Like the second picture below.

River View

Modern Bathroom
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:25AM
melissatiner
Budget is about $10-15K.... Really just want to update conservatively...nothing very showy. Thinking of extending shower to edge of window, to make shower bigger. Trying to decide on tile/granite or all granite surface around tub. Would like to either use a beadboard or possibly match the cabinet panels and use that down front of tub (like the outside part of the frame to the floor).... Thinking darker colors for cabinets...neutrals for walls.... I really wanted a vessel tub, but those are sooooo expensive!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:34AM
Granite Grannies
Here's what we did recently with a very similar space:

I really like the plantation shutter idea on the windows. Definitely do those!
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 9:38AM
melissatiner
How do I add pictures to this from my idea book? I want to show the tub area I am considering to get thoughts...but cannot figure out how to add the pics here?
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:46AM
litzie132
Vessel tubs are great, and I can see why you'd want one for that space. Are you a big tub user? If you tend to use the bath a lot, I would say go for a nice deep tub, same length as currently, and extend the shower to the very edge. It's so worth it to be able to completely stretch out and relax in the bath if you have that option.

But if you don't use the bath much then I would say a smaller tub and further extended shower would be best.

And to add pictures just paste the URL into the comment box. :)
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 9:46AM
melissatiner
Traditional Bathroom design by San Francisco Kitchen And Bath Julie Williams Design Cannot get picture to post, but this is an idea for tub...in front with cabinet panel, etc....
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:47AM
melissatiner
Litzie132 ~ YES! I love baths!! Thank you for your suggestions!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:48AM
litzie132
You can of course also do something like this, which would give your shower a more open and roomy feeling while allowing you to keep the larger bath. Downside is steamy steamy steamy bathroom, so make sure to have a good fan. (can you tell I like bathroom design???)

1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 9:50AM
melissatiner
another view
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:57AM
sealedesign
Demphasize the tub and shower by painting the walls the same color. Change the gold-framed shower doors to no frame if you have the budget. Just add beadboard and trim to the front of the tub. Get a really pretty vanity and put all the focs on that plus on the window behind the tub.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 10:29AM
Huge Half Bath with no idea what to do?
We are buying a house that has a half bath that is...
I need storage ideas for my thick huge comforters
I have many comforters that when not in use are piled...
Family room - Huge walls - Need decorating ideas
Just finished painting, new wood floors and new furniture....
Need ideas for a huge blank wall.
There is a huge blank wall in my kitchen above the...
Need help with furniture/decorating ideas? Huge wall.....
Boyfriend is selling his house... this is what it currently...
Need help with paint colors tying in from kitchen to great room
live in cabin style house with barn wood and stone...
Want to breath life into my living room!!
Hi- we just bought this house, my living room is narrow...
Getting 40" orb in house???
We are looking to buy a 40" orb for our foyer. How...
Bathroom Dilemma
Hello! I am seeking help with a bathroom design. We...
Suggestions for a "wow" powder room.
Teeny, tiny powder room. 5x6. Just stripped paper and...