next bthroom redo
Crissy Carey_Baca
clearly the people before us were not about updates lol
this is my kids/guest bathroom
I have my ideas but i'm open to suggestions
Shayna McElveny
It could use a little style update... Its a lot of light pink. Maybe go for a simple white and navy blue throughout the bathroom. Do you have an ideabook of some pictures that you might consider doing.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:21PM
Yes, you could definitely rip it all out and start over. I'd feature a lovely glass enclosure on a shower. I'd wall hang the vanity, as shown below, to make the room look larger. Do you really need 2 sinks? I like the wall hung vanity in the first photo below but I'd use 12 x 24" tile on both the floor and in the shower, as is shown in photo 2.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Bathroom Mid Century Modern Master Bathroom
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 2:23PM
Crissy Carey_Baca
I def want glass tile behind the sink and in the shower/tub area, I have 2 young children so Im not sure about the floating vanity idea. I want to stick to the house feel of traditional also. As far as colors im open as long as its not girly since I am surrounded by boys lol
I do love earthy tones however!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:28PM
Kids grow up rapidly so I would not select any of the permanent items with a kids' theme in mind. That can be done with wall color, artwork, and towels. I like the stripes in the bath below.
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 2:30PM
House of Holland - TX
How much demo are you willing/able to do, keeping in mind budget, timelines - and most important, will the kids have access to another bathroom during the remodeling process?
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:31PM
Crissy Carey_Baca
I love that Hamptons pic!! We are completely ripping it all out!! Yes the kids will have access to another bathroom =)
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:36PM
LM Designers
It's kind of tight for a double sink vanity. The sinks are very close together leaving a shortage of counter top space. If you replace the toilet with a white one and get the wall tile sprayed white, tub if it is pink also then you will have a more nuetral palette to work with. Get a new vanity with one sink. Looks like you have room for a linen cabinet if you downsize the vanity a little. Pick a color from the floor to tie it together.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:39PM
If the boys share the bathroom, you may need the double sink. How about a small trough sink? This photo is a beautiful traditional, yet modern look. I love the faucets out from the wall.

1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 2:51PM
Crissy Carey_Baca
def like that!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:56PM
Life will be easier if you go with one sink. It will leave you space for more drawers in your vanity. With a sink in the middle, you'd have space for small drawers on each side. While if you put the sink next to the toilet, you'll have space for one stack of bigger drawers.

I'm glad you like the Hamptons picture. You could easily paint stripes like that, and use a white or neutral tile. Or you could add accents of colored mosaic tiles. Of course you'd have more flexibility adding color just with paint. Elida Ceramica Recycled Mosaic Artic Green Glass Wall Tile Master Shower Druid Hills Renovation New Children's Bathroom in Attic
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:59PM
What next...redoing sun room to be our family room...eventually...
I have moved my PB rug into sun room...painted...new...
UTILITY AND BTHROOM
I HAVE A BATHROOM 6X12 AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THE BATHROOM...
Wall Oven Next To Fridge or Not To Wall Oven Next To Fridge
Originally, I was placing a Pantry cabinet next to...
redo off centered cabinetry or redo sconces?
My new custom cabinets in our master bath reno are...
I was given a painting that could be cool OR maybe it is totally lame?
It is an original Paris street scene by Antonio De...
Help in tying rooms together
I love Houzz but this is my very first post! My main...
Bathroom ideas
Adding a brand-new bathroom and trying to decide if...
Accent Chairs and Wall Decor
I just bought the accent chairs next to the fireplace,...
50's Floor to Ceiling Fireplace Update
The fireplace in my 1956 rambler is in need of an update...