Saybrook Sage dupe - Please help!
jleach111
I've unfortunately become victim to faulty pipes in my home and there was tons of water damage. I guess the plus though is new floors, carpet, and walls! Which brings me to my question, I've fallen in love with Benjamin Moore's Saybrook Sage, however BM is not going to be covered by my insurance so I'll need to find a cheaper brand (that can be found at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc) instead..anyone have suggestions of a color that's similar from a cheaper brand?? Everything I'm finding is either too dark, or too...green. Help!
Get a BM sample and paint on a board. Lowe's and Home Depot can color match for you.
January 8, 2013 at 2:32PM   
House of Holland - TX
Absolutely - although for some reason my Home Depot is more willing to do that than Lowes...
January 8, 2013 at 2:46PM   
LM Designers
Both Lowe's and Home Depot will color match.
January 8, 2013 at 3:06PM   
Linda
Although my local big box stores will try to match colors, they don't seem to do as good as my local Pittsburg paint store. Plus, the old time paint guys can often get the colorant formula for a different brand's colors.

Of course, you will not get the same color if you don't have access to the same base. If you are just trying for an almost match, you will do OK. But, if you're trying to match up to existing surfaces, you will need to upgrade to BM paint and just pay the difference.
January 8, 2013 at 5:54PM   
pauli12
Do you have a sherwins Williams paint store? They matched all my Ben Moore colors perfectly.
January 8, 2013 at 6:13PM   
jleach111
I do have a Sherwin Williams store, but I believe I remember the insurance restoration guy saying it needed to be colors that could be found at Lowe's or Home Depot. I didn't know they could custom mix to match other brands; I'm new to this whole painting/homeownership thing =) Thanks for all the help everyone!
January 9, 2013 at 9:39AM   
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...
Need help with kitchen & dining room paint color
Hello, we've just purchased a house that we love but...
Help me finish our bedroom
I need help finishing our bedroom. I want the colors...
Help!! Curtain design challenge!
Hello all, I desperately need help with the windows...
What to do about these chairs....
I would like to get rid of the leather bar stools at...