I love the paint color, how did you get this effect?
jstegmcg
January 9, 2013 in Photo Questions
gschneider
Here's my response to another reader - hope this helps!

the paint system/technique is Wagner's Wall Magic. I used to get their supplies @ Sherwin Williams, but my local SW no longer carries their supplies - maybe Lowes or Home Depot would?. I've attached a couple links that might get you started. One is actual supplies on Amazon & the other is, I think, a pretty good verbal (no visuals) description of how to do the treatment. If you can locate a kit, there is an instructional video for visuals. 3 FYI's: 1) There are different type painting rollers available (rag, sponge, wool, etc.). I used the wool rollers. 2) Important to pick 2 paint colors for this treatment & for a more subtle effect, you want to pick 2 colors close together/in similar tones on any 1 or 2 different paint sample cards. And the more you continue to roll/blend, the more subtle it is overall. 3) I added some (non-colored) glaze to my paint to provide more workability & subtlety to the technique. What we found is that is also makes the final finish more durable - a bonus. You'll have to play with your ratio (& possibly different color combos) - I used about 1 part glaze to 3 parts paint & did all the pre-mixing ahead of time for paint material consistency & color in application. We used throughout our home, but I think one of the best photo examples of how this technique can turn out would be the bathroom photo showing part of the tub.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0001H5Y58/ref=asc_df_B0001H5Y582342701?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=shopzilla_mp_1209-20&creative=395165&creativeASIN=B0001H5Y58&linkCode=asm
http://www.ehow.com/how_7882104_paint-wall-magic.html
1 Like   January 30, 2013 at 12:45PM
jstegmcg
Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to try it! We will also be using Sherwin-Williams Paint, do you know what colors you used? It's perfect, not too yellow, but still warm...
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 5:54PM
gschneider
Painted 9 years ago, sorry - don't have paint color info anymore. But what we did was take a piece of the tumbled stone tile to SW & picked a couple colors from the tile to give us that same color variation on the wall. Perhaps you could find some tile @ Lowes or something in the color family you like (if you like this) & do the same thing. Hope this helps :)
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 5:34PM
jstegmcg
Thanks, I'll try it! You have been very helpful...
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:53AM