I love the paint color, how did you get this effect?
jstegmcg
January 9, 2013 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gschneider
Here's my response to another reader - hope this helps!

the paint system/technique is Wagner's Wall Magic. I used to get their supplies @ Sherwin Williams, but my local SW no longer carries their supplies - maybe Lowes or Home Depot would?. I've attached a couple links that might get you started. One is actual supplies on Amazon & the other is, I think, a pretty good verbal (no visuals) description of how to do the treatment. If you can locate a kit, there is an instructional video for visuals. 3 FYI's: 1) There are different type painting rollers available (rag, sponge, wool, etc.). I used the wool rollers. 2) Important to pick 2 paint colors for this treatment & for a more subtle effect, you want to pick 2 colors close together/in similar tones on any 1 or 2 different paint sample cards. And the more you continue to roll/blend, the more subtle it is overall. 3) I added some (non-colored) glaze to my paint to provide more workability & subtlety to the technique. What we found is that is also makes the final finish more durable - a bonus. You'll have to play with your ratio (& possibly different color combos) - I used about 1 part glaze to 3 parts paint & did all the pre-mixing ahead of time for paint material consistency & color in application. We used throughout our home, but I think one of the best photo examples of how this technique can turn out would be the bathroom photo showing part of the tub.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0001H5Y58/ref=asc_df_B0001H5Y582342701?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=shopzilla_mp_1209-20&creative=395165&creativeASIN=B0001H5Y58&linkCode=asm
http://www.ehow.com/how_7882104_paint-wall-magic.html
1 Like   January 30, 2013 at 12:45PM
jstegmcg
Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to try it! We will also be using Sherwin-Williams Paint, do you know what colors you used? It's perfect, not too yellow, but still warm...
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 5:54PM
gschneider
Painted 9 years ago, sorry - don't have paint color info anymore. But what we did was take a piece of the tumbled stone tile to SW & picked a couple colors from the tile to give us that same color variation on the wall. Perhaps you could find some tile @ Lowes or something in the color family you like (if you like this) & do the same thing. Hope this helps :)
1 Like   February 6, 2013 at 5:34PM
jstegmcg
Thanks, I'll try it! You have been very helpful...
0 Likes   February 9, 2013 at 7:53AM
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™