Utilizing this waiting space area for the use of a temporary treatment room
tellyjohn
Room is decorated with Louis v14 items as a waiting room. Can I use partions with drapes to make a room within the room tastefully so after use I can revert to the original or can I install floor to ceiling sheers that can be pulled to the sides when not in use. Help!!!!!!!!
Are you saying you want to use part of this space for treatment while waiting patients sit on the other side of the curtain? I'm not sure patients would be comfortable with that. What treatment services are you providing? Is this medical, message, chiropractic?
   January 9, 2013 at 9:01AM
Natalie
Yes you could use drapes as partitions. [houzz=
]
   January 9, 2013 at 9:01AM
Nancy Hehmann
You have opulent decor. I think I would get a more substantial room divider that folds from an office decor company. I think the curtains would "cheapen" your look. You might even find someplace that has used office furniture dividers. Most people will want more privacy in any treatment are than curtains can provide. I just wonder about voices carrying too with regard to privacy.
   January 9, 2013 at 9:02AM
I cannot imagine any kind of treatment I would be willing to undergo in a partitioned space with people on the other side. I think you need to rethink your plan.
2 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 9:07AM
Natalie
I agree with groveraxle---but then again I'm not the patient... Perhaps you should ask your patients what they think and how they feel about the idea before you go through with the installation. Drapes will serve as better partitions than the sheers you mentioned. Hmmm sheers---privacy must not be too much of an issue. Keep us posted... Good Luck!
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 9:17AM
Nancy Hehmann
@ Natalie if it is a medical office, it would be a HIPPA violation for people to be able to over hear anything about another patient without their permission. HIPPA is a federal law. I am a RN. Hopefully it is a beauty salon or something less intrusive.
   January 9, 2013 at 10:40AM
Natalie
That's what I'm thinking too. Perhaps some plumping...
   January 9, 2013 at 11:28AM
HI -- I don't see that you have the room to divide the room , You would have to use the room as a whole and not have people waiting on the other side of a curtain or divider . I would not like to be the person on either side. AWKWARD !
   January 9, 2013 at 11:49AM
Marble Alternative? Maxx Tile Porcelain Slab advice
I love marble - who doesn't - but am having serious...
New Sofas but no idea how to design a stylish living room
Hi, we just moved from Tokyo to NY. Now we have...
fix a patio umbrella
how do I fix the rope inside a patio umbrella that...
have less than 24 hours Please Help!!!
I bought this bench at a consignment shop and I need...
Large space above couch! Any ideas.
We are on a budget and open to any ideas! I was...