Kitchen/Dining Room Before and After

farmer123January 9, 2013
We had a very small kitchen and a large dining room. Our house was small old and in need of remodel. This is our first start on the house, we hope to redo the entire house, it will probably take a few years. We did all the work ourselves with the exception of the cupboards which we had custom made.
farmer123
we made the dining room into a eat-in kitchen and made the old kitchen into a laundry room.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 11:17AM
mmilos
I like the cabinets.

But, in my opinion, I would have eliminated the stepped cabinet design statement and gone for bigger cabinets all the way up to the ceiling across the back wall and over the fridge. You can never have too much storage in a kitchen.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 11:24AM
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Nice update! What was your inspiration for the cabinet colors you chose? Just curious as the space just feels a little dark. It could be the lighting or time of day making it seem darker than it i...or I just can't see other parts of the house to see how the kitchen interacts with. Regardless, enjoy!
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 12:38PM
farmer123
My old kitchen was white so I was really wanting to get some color in it, I had seen the jade and liked it but did not want everything that same color, so I decided to do part in jade and part in black, I had the Amish build my cabinets, the green has black paint under it and the black has green under it, then they were aged with sanding. I really liked how they turned out, I could see them in my mind and they came out just like I had wanted. The walls and ceiling are cream and the floor tiles are also a sand/cream, there is no wall between the kitchen and living room so it is all open. The end of the kitchen has a double french door. We have a true southern exposure on the french door end of the house and we live high up on a hill- its a beautiful view.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:08PM
farmer123
The one thing I was for sure on that I wanted was the stepped cabinet design. I have a room off the kitchen which is a walk in pantry so I could get away with doing this.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:10PM
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Sounds lovely! Enjoy your new kitchen!
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:11PM
farmer123
Our countertops are concrete, there are glow in the dark aggregate in it that is awesome, it was our first attempt at the concrete countertops but my son has worked with concrete a lot so it actually went pretty smoothly.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:12PM
Before and After: Kitchen Remodel
This kitchen was untouched for more than 20 years,...
Chirag P
Kitchen/Dining before and after
We had a tiny kitchen next to a larger dining room...
susanjl
Our new kitchen, before and after
Total kitchen renovation, which included new cabinets,...
lorigui
Dining room - before and after
Have nearly finished my dining room. Am looking at...
Damien Lane
Kitchen Island Pendants
My island is 72" long and I want to hang 3 pendants,...
cheriberi2001
Bedroom-What's missing?
I recently redecorated my master bedroom but it still...
gxc137
Blah decor in shelf - help!!!!
We just put up this modern shelf over the sideboard...
imlost119
paint
what paint colors go well with white springs granite...
czkramer
Help with my living room
I would love to hear some ideas of how To decorate...
monicamb