Purplish-gray walls in living room with teal?
middleofnowhere
The color I picked for my living room is a mid-tone purplish gray, with bright white trim ("proper gray" by Sherwin-Williams). It's a south-facing room but I'm close to Canada and the light is not really strong. The couch is a slightly lighter shade of gray and for now the floor will be painted trim-white (cork floors later in a medium brown). I also have this wild teal-blue leather chair I bought, and I'm getting Flor Tiles in a patterned teal that has purple and black in it, and a purple border. 2 questions: 1., does the purple-gray go with the teal chair and carpet tiles; and 2., can I get away with a light teal-blue on the ceiling? Photo shows chair; the painted swatch above it is "proper gray", the blue higher up is ceiling (and chimney) color, Flor Tile samples on floor. Help!
TanCalGal
I found one photo of SW's "proper gray" on Houzz & it looks kinda dark for your room. Actually the color on your wall looks beige-pink from here. So I am not sure about the wall color or the ceiling color. Modern Residential Project

Here's a good article on choosing paint 4 walls (& maybe ceilings, too). http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

I love the chair & your various art! Rug is interesting and should be fine, especially with the white floors. This photo might look something like the room you R planning? Living Room
January 10, 2013 at 2:58pm   
See if you like this gray: [houzz=
]
January 10, 2013 at 3:06pm   
middleofnowhere
Olldbobbi: I see the gray, but it doesn't say the color. Do you know the name? It's pretty.
January 10, 2013 at 7:39pm   
The color is Light French Gray Paint by Sherwin Williams.
January 11, 2013 at 1:36am   
rluchinski
I like the top big paint sample. Is it purply? I think purples would look great with this chair, but agree, keep the lighter tones.
January 11, 2013 at 4:54am   
michigammemom
Not sure how accurate the colors are in your photos as several of your samples have peachy/taupe undertones. I would suggest a lighter lavender like Benjamin Moore's Organdy shown in this fresh looking foyer.
January 11, 2013 at 5:50am     
French limestone fireplace
Hello everyone :) I need some help about the fireplace.......
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...
Does anyone have a sink facing a wall?
Planning a new build. Don't want anything on my island...
Landscaping Old Above Ground Pool Area
Hi Houzzers! Our backyard in Canberra Australia needs...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...