Need Help Making guest bedrooms of 10'X11' room

Stephanie WigginsJanuary 9, 2013
I had a house built and the 2 guest bedrooms are 'tiny (10ft X 11'). I don't think a dresser or chest of drawers will fit in the rooms, with a full size bed; not to mention nite stands.Each room has one window.
HI -- The best solution is a murphy wall bed system that has the bed that hides away and storage and also night tables that you could have on the biggest full wall .
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 7:15PM
minemine
Check out the bedrooms here on Houzz under "storage beds" or "tiny bedrooms". I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the some of the innovative ideas for solving your space problem.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 7:27PM
No problem. A queen size bed is 60 x 80". Place it on the 11' wall and use one of the 2 drawers chests shown below on the near side of the bed. It's 30.75" wide. Those drawers will substitute for a dresser. Place the round table, below, on the other side of the bed.

Put a table lamp on the chest and place on swing arm lamp on the wall above the small round table.

Your bed will actually extend about seven of the ten foot dimension of the room, leaving a nice three foot traffic space. It would be handy if you could fit a very small chair in a corner.
ENGAN Chest with 2 Drawers · More Info
Metal Accordion Side Table · More Info
Kenroy Home Simplicity Wall Swing Arm Lamp - 16W in. Matte Black · More Info
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 7:27PM
hawaiidreamer
I'd count on using space UNDER the bed for storage by putting the bed up on a platform. We did that with ours and used our previous water bed frame and drawer frames: we set the drawers and their frames where we wanted to match the mattress size we got. Then we used the side frame boards (laid flat, of course) for the actual cross beams, to support the mattress/box springs. Night stand trick: the frame board at the head of the bed extends out well past the edge of the mattress/box springs, and became a night stand on either side! Still have floor space underneath that piece for a nice basket or some other storage niche and a place to put a clock/phone/alarm right next to the bed. Waterbeds are not expensive...you can buy them second-hand pretty cheaply...and you don't need the "mattress/bag" from it , which is usually the part that's the reason it's being sold. Just a thought.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 8:39PM
Stephanie Wiggins
Thanks so much.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 9:31PM
need help for small room 10 x 11.
would like to make it a small pub style room
irishrose16
Need help fitting a guest bedroom into my small theatre room
I have a huge, nice surround sound theater system I...
belvederestation
Need help finishing this guest bedroom redo.
This is almost finished. Need ideas on accessories...
lynnbw
Need help with guest bedroom
I am trying to build a French Country guest bedroom...
blenford48
10'-8" x 11'-6" kids bedroom
room to double as guest room so need to have queen...
ginaf2016
leemiller
Kitchen floor ideas
We are buying a house built in 1948, and the owner...
sarahfellner
Cooktop or Sink in Peninsula?
Am about to install new counters, so if I'm going to...
ljcass
Paint all 4 walls palladian blue, revere pewter or other?
I need to repaint my room. I like the current color...
cbrichards
Foyer entrance - need help!
Hello houzz experts, My husband and I have been struggling...
npatodia