Ideas for changing 1950's Light fixture
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have 1950's light that is like a box that's cut into the ceiling/soffit with a light socket to hold the bulb and a plate that unscrews from the frame for changing bulb. The glass plate cover is flush with the ceiling. How can I change fixture to a pendulum? Something that will cover th hole without redoing the sheetrock? is there a "kit" or something?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Custom Home Planning Center
You can buy a med base conversion that screws into the bulb socket and has a plug available. You can then add plug on to the pendulum fixture and your good to go. (bib box stores stock these as does ebay" On the cover up I'd go to a glass shop and have a piece of plex cut to cover the hole. I've also used scrapes of Corina or other synthetic counter top material as cover plates. A stack of sanded wood stained to match your cabinets would also work.
January 9, 2013 at 9:21PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tell me more. our cabinets are painted metal cabinets.
January 15, 2013 at 11:23AM   
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
1950s office building change
1950s office undergoes dramatic facelift -- Just saw...
Big changes in a Small, 1950's bathroom
This complete transformation was WAY overdue...note...
1896 house with 1950's fixtures and plumbing
We bought an OLD farmhose that was built in 1896. ...
More Discussions
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Corrugated Wainscotting - Love it or Hate it?
The walls in the corridor of my Californian bungalow...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi, we just bought a house,with terracotta floor, i...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™