Sliding Glass Door Curtains
nlmackayJanuary 10, 2013
Hi - I'm in the process of buying new curtain panels for my home. Previously I only had panels up on these two windows. Should I add some type of curtain to the slider? If so, how should I do so? Would it look weird to add a curtain rod above the slider? The ball finials on the end would be pretty much touching the ball finials on the rods above the windows. Should i leave the slider w/ no curtains?
TanCalGal
If there is no need for privacy, I'd have the 2 curtains as you had (or no curtains). Sometimes curtains on the end like you have look cute tied back a bit and facing one another:
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 3:41PM
ebonydiva
I like the suggestion above.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 3:42PM
Judith Taylor Designs
If there is no need for privacy you don't have an issue. On the other hand if you want to dress up the area it would be nice to have side panels on each side of the side window with one continuous rod across all of the windows it would look more finished. It is up to you whether to have enough fullness for functional drapes so you could pull them across to cover all the windows or just want decorative side panels.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 3:45PM
trasgorshek
If there is a need for privacy you could add a center rod over doors, take off the finials on side rods and line all three up. Treat the windows as a bay window and hang panels as you would a bay. For my slider I added a double rod with sheers behind that I close every night.
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 3:55PM
Cheery Curtains
If you want privacy, it may be a better idea if you dress all the three windows with drapes and consider them as one bay window to create a more tidy and clean look.

Cheery Curtains has lots of nice curtains you may like. For more curtain designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
    Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 7:46PM
nlmackay
Thank you all for the suggestions! We don't have a need for privacy since our backyard is woods. It would be for only decorative purposes. In you opinions, should I leave it as is or would it look better to add some dummy panels to make the area look more finished? Thanks!
    Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 4:35AM
TanCalGal
I think I would remove the shades and the curtain rods, but then I'd have to repaint walls or touch-up.

Then again, maybe I'd add curtain panels. I am only seeing a small part of the kitchen. I do not live there. I have no idea of how this nook area works nor its relation to the kitchen or other rooms and the outside wooded area.

The important thing is to inject yourself & family into the kitchen. Some might want a valence or curtains. Some might stencil over the slider. Some might hang stained glass trinkets on the windows. Some might add many bird feeders outside...
    Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 5:28AM
trasgorshek
I would do dummy panels just because they add so much and do give the finished look. If you don't like them, you can always take them down and use in another room.
    Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 6:57AM
Family room curtains for sliding glass door
Sofa is leather, wine color. Walls are cream what...
rcriss2113
Tub and Shower Curtain or Sliding glass door?
New construction - empty nesters but expecting visitors...
Lindberg & Associates
Need covering ideas for 8' tall sliding glass doors
We have a 3 panel sliding glass door that opens from...
Niki Kapusinski Mort
Window treatment dilemma
You can see how close the large sliding glass doors...
benjules1
What do you use on sliding glass doors for privacy?
I just bought a small condo and the living room wall...
Jessica
Will a 30 inch wall oven fit in a 30 inch wide cabinet?
I would like to purchase the new 30 inch professional...
gharris8
Need ideas please
Kitchen redo. I like Grays and Whites for the cabinets,...
roynlisa
open up kitchen and dining room Baltimore duplex
I have a brick, traditional duplex with a 9'x11' kitchen...
John Merson
What should replace my door?
We are converting our garage into a living room and...
cathomas1986
Kitchen help needed!
We have a new custom built home and are having a hard...
mamapapasarra