Guest Bedroom Redo
misscristie
January 10, 2013 in Before & After
I feel like it's still missing "something", but I like how it's turned out so far. I have since added some drapes, but I'm not in love with them. Have decided to learn how to sew and will make my own. Any suggestions?
Aggie Purvinska
I think everything is lovely. I think what's missing is a really much bolder wall color, to get the necessary contrast...

]
January 10, 2013 at 11:47AM     
misscristie
There is only 1 window in the room and it's in a corner, so I was worried about it being too dark. I love that color though! How does the Benjamin Moore paint compare with Behr? Is it better?
January 10, 2013 at 11:52AM   
Aggie Purvinska
You have a lot of light items in the room that are being washed out by the light wall color. The paint color would pull it together without having to add more contrast

I think Benjamin Moore is better because it has better coverage so you spend less time painting and it is consistently good, I haven't used that much Behr, I have had trouble with Home Depot paints so I don't buy paint there ever. In the end you pay double.
January 10, 2013 at 12:07PM     
Aggie Purvinska
I wouldn't worry too much about the one window. It is a bedroom and darker colors are soothing and sleepy making., too.
January 10, 2013 at 12:15PM   
misscristie
I see what you're saying. My husband is going to kill me when I ask to re-paint this room. LOL
January 10, 2013 at 12:16PM     
Aggie Purvinska
Oh boy!!
January 10, 2013 at 1:05PM   
mmilos
Just tell him the darker color will be more masculine. Haha!
January 10, 2013 at 1:09PM     
houssaon
I think the darker color will look fabulous! I would group the three metal pieces together on the wall to the left of the bed and centered on the bed length.

I'd pull the comforter up so the overhang is even on all three sides. Curtains made of the paisley print would look good. They are not at all hard to make, especially it you make them from sheets. Keep the blinds for a layer look.

I would remove the TV and add some books, boxes and objects to the shelves.
January 10, 2013 at 1:29PM   
I agree with a bolder color and large pieces of art work on the walls would help make the room more complete.

January 11, 2013 at 7:04AM   
Cole Barnett Interiors
I love everything you have done so far and I even like the pale paint color you selected for a soothing feel. If you keep the paint light I think it would be really nice to add a large piece of artwork to the wall beside the desk. You Go outside with your camera and get creative. Some shots looking directly up at the sky would work perfect in this space. Print them really large. Check out gallerydirect.com
You can upload your own photos and choose the size. :)
January 11, 2013 at 11:24AM   
lizzmc77
I'm not sure darker would be better, I think lighter maybe a shade or two, keep the ceiling lighter to make it feel more open. A bunch of pillows on that bed, nice big bold art work.
January 12, 2013 at 7:12PM   
lizzmc77
Plz disregard, it's beautiful I'm new to this! I was looking at the old pic ;)
January 12, 2013 at 7:14PM   
englishaccent
I throw some paint on the wall and added some artwork on the big wall and rearranged the metal squares over the bed. I know it's a crude picture but I was going for the visual more. Oh yes and added a rug. :)
January 12, 2013 at 7:49PM   
Valerie Garrett Interior Design
It looks like you like a lighter airy look with a pop of color. One wonderful possibility for your window treatments is to repeat the beige color of your headboard. Solid linen beige straight panels, lined and interlined with goblet pleats and a 2” wide banding down the leading edge in either your red or blue could be beautiful. For your drapery hardware I would recommend a 2” rod with rings in a distressed gold or even a silver leaf could be beautiful if you like silver tones better. I always like my panels to break, just touching the floor, so no light seeps through at the bottom and it’s a much cleaner line than puddling.
A pair of botanicals for your artwork could also be beautiful with cream matts and either the gold or silver frames. It would allow you to repeat a pop of your colors from your bedding but subtly. This would wrap your room together creating a wonderful flow. I’m with you. I want to love my home and my clients to love their homes rather than just like them!

Best of luck in completing your bedroom so that you “love it”!
January 15, 2013 at 11:26AM   
Redoing a guest bedroom based off of a Houzz look
I want to redo our guest room based off the look of...
Guest bedroom re-do
Love the chanderlier and wallpaper. Is it possible...
Need help finishing this guest bedroom redo.
This is almost finished. Need ideas on accessories...
Need Help! Guest Bedroom Redo
OK here's the scoop on this! I have had the same decor...
Paint colors!!
Hi! We have a large, odd shaped living room that is...
Windows Pella vs Andersen
I am building a new home in Delaware and would like...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
paint color to pair with gold leaf vanity in small powder room
We are repainting and this small powder room needs...
Easily cleanable tiny narrow dark corridor
Hi any ideas on colours to lighten up this very narrow...