Help choosing colours to update our home and any other suggestions
Melissa Gennings
I love our new home but it looks dated and needs a change. We would like to replace the siding but are unsure of which colour to go with. I would also love to hear any other ideas and suggestions. We just updated the landscaping, have replaced the roof with weathered wood shingles and I have taken the white trim off the windows. I know it needs some obvious changes like door colour and new lights and I would love to hear suggestions. Any changes to the porch? I love the look of square columns with brick on the bottom but not sure if it would work with our home or what colour brick we would use. It looks boring to me right now and I know it could look so much better.
Scott's Creative Home
Your idea of square columns could give you a larger architectural element . Adding one or two complementary colors to the columns will add visual interest. It won't be necessary to add brick at the base as you have a brick face just behind the columns and the added brick will not stand out.
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 4:32AM
All 4 Show, LLC
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 4:42AM
All 4 Show, LLC
I love a dark olive green siding with even a darker shade on the shutters, like the above photo... :)
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 4:44AM
Lindus Construction/Midwest LeafGuard
GAF has a free virtual home remodeler program on their website that allows users to select a house that looks similar to theirs or even upload a photo of their home. From there, the user can play with different colors of siding, roofing, stone, trim, etc. Check it out at: http://www.gaf.com/Roofing/Residential/Virtual_Home_Remodeler?CBViewer=8176. Best of luck!
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 6:26AM
Dar Eckert
I can see your home in medium gray color with dark gray trim. Remove the shutters and add square pillars as planned. Then paint your door a spring green or yellow color. Although the photo is a different style of home it shows the gray and green colors. Your home is lovely a couple of chairs on your deck or swing and you've got it.
Block House
Entry
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 6:54AM
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
If you are looking for more than color suggestions, you may want to consider a vinyl cedar shake siding in the gables, with a square gable vent (rather not use the existing half circle sunburst deco) .
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 6:55AM
Any suggestions for updating our fireplace wall in our family room?
I really don't mind the redbrick on the fireplace surround...
dforbes111
We'd like to update our lighting. Any suggestions
We need to change out pot lights so that they are compatible...
kambria123
Here is a sketch I did of the kids vanity for our new home. Any suggestions?
I am open to any suggestions you may have regarding...
princess_q
cattfamily2012
height on kitchen light fixture over an island cooktop with seating
Would like to get some advice on what height you could...
Metta S
Modern Rustic Master with Ensuite_Cohesive Design Needed
Need help pulling together this large master bedroom...
kmanic4
Help with exterior
Hi I would like to update the exterior of my home....
bubbogubbo
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker
Show us your Christmas tree!
Only 2 days left until Christmas, and we want to see...
Jeannie Nguyen