Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbee4958

Mirror for my Powder room

dbee4958
11 years ago
Need suggestions for a mirror for this powder room. Thanks.

Comments (30)

• dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I love the Milling Road Mirror. The area is 4' wide from wall to wall and 43" high to bottom of light and this mirror is 42" high so it won't work. Thank you for the suggestions.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    You could find that style of mirror in other sizes, I'm sure. I think it's gorgeous and would look good in your space. Go look on Overstock.com and see if you find one the size you need.
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    great thanks
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Here's a mirror with an interesting shape that is 37" high, a size that should fit.
    Uttermost Ablenay Hand Forged Frame Mirror · More Info
  • Geri Bailey
    11 years ago
    Have you seen the Audrey mirror from Ballard Designs? http://www.ballarddesigns.com/audrey-mirror/mirrors/decorative-mirrors/12801?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=4 I had the Medium size one in my bathroom in a previous house and mounted the longer side horizontally. It was lovely.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I just corrected the measurement I gave you for the Uttermost mirror above. It's 37" high.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Hi dbee4958 & everyone! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

dbee4958 - would you mind telling the color and material of the sink and light fixture?

The tiles are variations of brown and beige, is that correct? And the wall where you are going to place the mirror - what color? It kind of looks yellow on my screen.

Is this new construction or did you have a mirror there that you no longer liked? If that latter, can you describe that mirror or post a pic?

Sorry for all the questions. We carry a lot of mirrors - this information would help me make some suggestions.

(Of course I always love Carolyn's suggestions & Geri, that Audrey mirror is nice too!)

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I hope, essentials, that all your mirrors are shown on the houzz product listings. It would be great to have even more beautiful selections.
  • Sara
    11 years ago
    I would keep the mirror traditional to match the light fixture. The sink and tiles are so beautiful they already highlight the room very nicely.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Thanks Carolyn! I am working on getting them uploaded!

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    The paint color is Sherwin Williams 6121 Whole Wheat.
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Oh and the light is Progressive Roasted Java w/ Jasmine Mint
    Glass. Thanks for the ideas. I will post a picture when it is completed.
  • elcieg
    11 years ago
    Your faucet? What is the finish?
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Bronze. The sink is gold glass.
  • elcieg
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Yikes, don't shoot me :>) I'm not loving your sconce. Love everything else, but the light looks too dark and small for the space.
    Lanza Bathbar · More Info

New Mirrors Atrium Mirror · More Info
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    No problem. I am not sure I really love it either but I picked it out of a catalog and it will to work for now. It looks lost without a mirror, and the area looks bigger than it actually is.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Hi dbee4958 & everyone!

dbee4958 - thanks for the info. I'll photoshop some mirrors into your picture to see if that helps your decision. It is not the perfect method but I find it helps a bit.

I'll be back tonight w some ideas! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Lyvonne
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Hi dbee4958! So sorry - I ran out of time today to finish the photoshop. I did narrow down the choices from what we have & played around a little w/the photoshop to tell that round or rectangular would look best.

I'll be back w/the finished pics! If you find any elsewhere that you like and want to try, just upload them here.

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Hi dbee4958! Any chance you could upload another picture of your bathroom from a little further away?

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • Dottie Sellick
    11 years ago
    take the molded pc you have get more and a pc of glass cut to size- put it on a pc of plywood and frame it with the moldings to match.
  • bygeorgi
    11 years ago
    If you are up for some DIY ...I would make your own .... buy a cheap mirror from the thrift store or Ikea etc and build a frame from scrape wood pieces so that it looks hand made and aged...round would be nice.
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Finally got a mirror, not sure I like the vase and flowers. Any suggestions to make this powder room warm instead of cold?
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Actually, I like the way the vase works with the art right there. LOVE the mirror! Great choice with the faucets.
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Abbyjean. What about the wall space above the commode. It looks bare.
  • PRO
    Article
    10 years ago
    Hi,
    Here are a few mirrors from Bryght that I think would work really well in your bathroom.
    From top to bottom, left to right.

1. Daffodil mirror in a cocoa wood stain
    2. Lan mirror in an ebony wood stain
    3. Strip mirror in an ebony wood stain
    4. Strip mirror in a cocoa wood stain

For more information and images visit www.bryght.com

Happy Decorating!
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Is there a coordinating picture to go with the other one that could work over the toilet? Even though the toilet is not centered, I would center the art. Maybe only ONE toilet paper???

OR a darker brown floating shelf placed there, not too high and not to low, might work, too. Try another smaller vase there to tie in with the other one and maybe a rolled towel???
  • dbee4958
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    There isn't another picture to complement the one hanging. I bought that several years ago at Z gallery. I agree to remove the toilet paper (looks bad). Wouldn't a shelf look lost on that wall?
    Ceiling is 9'?
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    You could tape off where two shelves would go....do not stagger them....do not have them too low, either. See if the top shelf would be too high to be practical. You could put toilet paper in a basket, if the shelf would accommodate it and towels and wash cloths, too. Then a few pretty pretties thrown in.