Where would be the best place to put this piece of furniture?
momof5x
I recently bought some very expensive step drawers as it caught my eye..can anyone please tell me where would you place this in the bedroom or any other room? I am just looking for ideas on where to place it properly, huge thanks everyone!
Known as a Japanese tonsu chest. They can go anywhere. What would you like to store in it? If the items are appropriate to one particular room, then use it there. Like maybe linen and silver for the dining room in the dining room.
2 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 2:28PM
onthefence
That's an absolutely beautiful piece of furniture.
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 2:34PM
orangecamera
If your nick means what I think it does, you have 5 kids. And there are 5 steps. Can you put this piece in your family room, and on each level, put something to represent one of the children? It can be an ever-changing display as they grow up.
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 2:40PM
Gabberts Design Studio
If you happen to have an open stairwall, that would be a perfect place, but can really go anywhere.
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 2:47PM
momof5x
Decoenthusiaste: Thank you for the background info, very interesting! I have had several ideas for it but wanted to be sure if it had any specific use first. I was thinking to use it ( at first as a bedside piece and add books or little decor items on the steps. Inside- extra storage of candles, candle holders, note books, rechargers etc. and even magazines at the bottom. I like the dining room idea too but trying to arrange a layout in our new home so that little kids can't get hold of stuff -which will happen If I left it in the dining room-they will even climb it ! I was also thinking about placing it between two arched windows against a wall space there or even next to a desk for stationary stuff-hide all the stuff I don't want to be seen ? I would appreciate any more feed back on those ideas too please.
   January 13, 2013 at 11:15PM
momof5x
Onthefence: Thank you very much, I loved it the moment I saw it!
   January 13, 2013 at 11:16PM
Rebecca Bartelt
I love this piece as well! Has lots of charm!
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 11:18PM
momof5x
Orangecamera, Yep, this mom has five kids! That is a beautiful idea, never thought of that--wondering how you came up with that too haha. They always bring me souvenirs with them so I could use it for that purpose too and put it in the family home upstairs-I already have made a special gallery for them with all their photos on it for the family room. I have so many photos from over the years and these will be left out in a book case for them too. Big task sorting out the timeline but it is almost done.
   January 13, 2013 at 11:20PM
momof5x
Gabberts Design Studio, thank you, it is good to know it can be placed anywhere. The stairwell space will be turned into a small storage area for filing cabinets as hubby needs place for all his business documents etc. Plus, it is rather hidden towards back kitchen exit area-extra kitchen.
   January 13, 2013 at 11:24PM
momof5x
Thank you Rebbeca :) This was a there and then purchase which I rarely do !
   January 13, 2013 at 11:28PM
CHRISICOS INTERIORS
A fun architectural piece for a bedroom in front of a tall and wide framed mirror that is placed on the floor leaning into the wall. Try this option!
   April 4, 2014 at 6:48AM
Where do you think would be the best place to put my fireplace?
So I got this new fireplace from a friend yesterday,...
where is the best place to put the knobs on an upper cabinet?
I have white cabinets shaker with a detailed 1/2 inch...
Where is the best place to put a fountain?
Where is the best place where it can be seen should...
Where is the best place to put the seam on an 11 foot island
We have installed an 11 foot island in our kitchen...
where is the best place to put my baby grand piano?
where is the best place to put my baby grand piano?...
Only two walls in Living room
My living room has only two walls , one of which is...
Living room Dining room woos
Just moved into a new place that I love. The Lr/Dr...
what colors for this complicated living room
We recently purchased a wonderful old farmhouse that...
Interim flooring ideas over tile?
There is tile everywhere in this house. I plan to...
Need help finishing up!
So I have a lot of my main pieces pick and in place...