pamela66
March 22, 2011 in Other
I would like to know if anyone has a good resource for firepit glass. I have a gas firepit that currently has river rock that do burst when they get too hot. I love the look of the glass, especially the browns. Thank you.
COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
I realize it has been over a year since you posed this question, so I'm sure you've found what you need. But just in case . . .

Outdoor firepits usually use lava rock as a base media, which will pop a little, but won't explode like some other stones will. Then glass goes over the top, if desired. There are a number of online sources for firepit glass, but your best source is your local fireplace expert. They also may have some other stones specifically for firepits that you may prefer.

You find find your local expert at the National Fireplace Institute website: http://nficertified.org
0 Likes   April 8, 2012 at 12:55PM
Take 2... Another attempt to complete my living room & Bedroom
12 Months in and I still haven't embraced my red sofa....
indycoolchick
Help with Family room furniture arrangement
Having difficulty as how to arrange furniture in this...
drymades
Cabinet pulls and handles
We need to get pulls and handles ASAP sip that we can...
debari
Too many Cabinet Brands/Manufacturers
Help too many choices on Cabinets Manufacturers, how...
jjjoy58
Updating Vanity
Any ideas on products/colors to use for updating this...
Farrah R