Which windows?
mmilstein12
Hi, which replacement windows are best?
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Have a qualified remodeler visit your home and give you some ideas. Your options are affected by the construction of your home and the type of siding.
January 13, 2013 at 4:08pm   
onthefence
Also, I'd suggest you get estimates from a couple places AND compare your estimates for replacement windows to a couple estimates for installing full frame.

I'm not sure I've got the terminology right here - but if not, hopefully someone will correct me.
January 13, 2013 at 4:14pm   
Olde World Artisans
As a former estimator for a glass company, and having sold thousands of windows, I would say, stay away from the companies that offer the "$189 any size " windows. I would go with a reputable local shop that is not a national franchise. Look for a window that has something other than spiral balances to raise the window. Spiral balances are the quickest to fail. Most quality windows will offer at least a ten year warranty on the glass with the better ones giving lifetime warranty against seal failure.

Hope that helps.
January 13, 2013 at 5:05pm   
I replaced all my 100-year-old windows with Marvin Windows. Small company that's been in business forever. Great windows, and unlike Pella, they didn't make a stink about accommodating my sloping sills. http://www.marvin.com/
January 13, 2013 at 5:27pm   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Onthefence, absolutely right. I think we are all saying stay away from the typical "replacement window" and go with something that is a full replacement of the window (frame and all).
January 13, 2013 at 5:34pm   
Outlet placement
How far about the countertop should electrical outlets...
Need help on traditional door knobs, locks (bronze). Best brand?
Need help on traditional door knobs, locks (leaning...
Need help with roof and shutter colors
Hi, Our house's color scheme is definitely NOT my...
Color challenge using red in living room
I have a collection of art glass with a lot of cobalt...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...