Backyard dilemma
lucykr
Landscape professionals and gurus! Could you recommend how to make this my backyard look nice and cozy? First picture is how it was last year, but we just replaced a fence and with all those ivy gone,and it needs some help now. I love big trees, but there is no room for them because of the electrical wires. I also love all kind of junipers and firs, and pines...Any ideas please? Second picture is what I see from my kitchen. Fourth picture is my attempt to make a panoramic picture. Pull up bar and pergola with grapes will have to stay. This is the east side of single floor ranch style house.
All Backyard Fun
I would love to recommend adding a Oriflamme fire table - http://www.allbackyardfun.com/fire-pit-tables/gas-fire-tables. Not only would it add some ambiance to the space but it would be easy to operate without any smoke, ashes, or embers to bother your neighbors. Pull up a few club chairs around it and you will have a beautiful area to relax and enjoy your outdoor space. Good luck..
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 7:20PM
lucykr
Oh, yes I love this idea. but it has to be some trees, bushes planted around, otherwise it is empty now, just naked fence..as on pictures 2-4. Now I am thinking of planting 3-4 juniper bushes 6 ft tall, and some other bushes in between, but don't know which ones yet. Any other ideas?
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 7:29PM
cyn222
Line the patio with some low junipers that will bring in a cool blue/green color. Install some dark brown mulch to bed. Add some plants between stones on path. Add some interesting leafy plants throughout to add texture. Pop some colorful flowers. Love the fire pit above!
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 10:56PM
lucykr
I was thinking 4-6 feet tall. Do you think lower height will be better? Which out of two choices are better: I plant them all along the fence whithin 10 feet from each other, and some other leafy plants in between. Or it is better if I plant them withing 6 feet in a row, and then perrenials upfront? Hmm
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 1:33PM
Backyard Dilemma
My entire backyard is my delimma. All I want to do...
Cindy Blackburn
Backyard patio dilemma
Hello! I am looking to bounce some ideas off of you...
cef5052
Small backyard dilemma
We love our house but the backyard is nothing but depressing!...
mrswright79
Backyard Inspiration: Quit wasting the space in your backyard
This is a before and after series for a backyard that...
Dawson & Clinton
Looking to redo a backyard and wondering who did the backyard?
Any info provided would be highly appreciated. Thanks....
Emeka Patrick
Unique bedroom idea, please help! :)
Hi, I have a very unique idea for my bedroom- and I'm...
candr_art_designs
Bar height or Counter height home bar?
We're remodeling our great room into a game room with...
Jennifer Wood
Two Story Fireplace and Built-In Bookshelves
While I have tried to like our great room in our newly-constructed...
theoffice0
Wood Floor Choice!!!! Down to 3 Options...HELP
I have narrowed it down to 3 flooring options...feel...
mark617
All white walls look
I loved all the pictures of the all white wall look...
debovalencia